• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Itaru Oki "trumpet in modern jazz" (toshiba, Japan)

Jazz Messengers "live at the cafe bohemia vol.2" (blue note, Lexington)

Nucleus "elastic rock" (Phillips, Japan). My original UK vertigo swirl copy is a bit noisy so I figured $50 for a mint Japanese pressing will be cheaper then hunting down a mint UK vertigo!  This and "belladonna" are my favorite Nucleus albums...

10 hours ago, Homefromtheforest said:

Itaru Oki "trumpet in modern jazz" (toshiba, Japan)

Jazz Messengers "live at the cafe bohemia vol.2" (blue note, Lexington)

Nucleus "elastic rock" (Phillips, Japan). My original UK vertigo swirl copy is a bit noisy so I figured $50 for a mint Japanese pressing will be cheaper then hunting down a mint UK vertigo!  This and "belladonna" are my favorite Nucleus albums...

Even my clean copy of Elastic Rock has a little 'lite' rustle in the quiet parts. It's just a fact of life dealing with Vertigo pressings, which I assume were fairly cheaply manufactured compared to the effort they put into jacket design. That Oki is a really cool record as well.

4 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Even my clean copy of Elastic Rock has a little 'lite' rustle in the quiet parts. It's just a fact of life dealing with Vertigo pressings, which I assume were fairly cheaply manufactured compared to the effort they put into jacket design. That Oki is a really cool record as well.

Mine sounds fine - nothing noticeable in the quiet parts. Didn't cost that much either. My copy of 'We'll Talk About It Later' is pretty quiet too. Maybe all the good copies were held back from export ! (or perhaps some of those pressings might have been affected by the first oil crisis circa 1972/73).

Chitinous Ensemble 'Chitinous' (Deram, stereo)

Mike Westbrook 'Release' (Deram, stereo)

Edited by sidewinder

http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!BlseoRQ!2k~$(KGrHqQOKjgEtlc,7SJQBLct37Wur!~~_35.JPG   http://ariealt.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Albert-Ayler-Witches-Devils-479214.jpg   https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Swing_Low_Sweet_Spiritual.jpg

George Lewis - Dr. Jazz (Verve stereo). With the underrated New Orleans trumpeter Andy Anderson on board.

Albert Ayler - Witches & Devils (Arista Freedom). AKA Spirits. The first recorded manifestation of Ayler's mature style.

Albert Ayler - Swing Low Sweet Spiiritual (Osmosis). Very different from the above, although supposedly recorded on the same day.

67670.jpg

Getz/Raney Quintets (Mosaic) - The live Storyville sides

I was reading Haruki Marakami's Pinball, 1973, and the principal narrator mentioned listening to the Getz/Raney Quintet's "Jumpin' with Symphony Sid" and whistling along with Getz's solo. Made me realize that I hadn't listened to these recordings in too long a time.

3 hours ago, paul secor said:

67670.jpg

Getz/Raney Quintets (Mosaic) - The live Storyville sides

I was reading Haruki Marakami's Pinball, 1973, and the principal narrator mentioned listening to the Getz/Raney Quintet's "Jumpin' with Symphony Sid" and whistling along with Getz's solo. Made me realize that I hadn't listened to these recordings in too long a time.

Nice one. That LP set will be next on deck for me after I've finished working through the Sarah Vaughan Roulette CD set.