NBA 2004-2005

I'm hoping the Lakers can wrestle Kevin Garnett away from Minnesota.  The Lakers have cap room, and tons of small forwards to deal.  KG and a PG and we're back in the mix.  We won't have enough to beat the bigs, but at least it wouldn't be 10th place.

In good Laker news, Devean George is back and not only looks healthy but played like a seasoned veteran in the first game I watched.  I've always harped on him for playing stupid--I guess it isn't difficult to appear smart on this NBDL squad.

Minnesota would have to be crazy to give up KG and WHO on the Lakers would Minn want as a replacement???? KG might want to leave but it is more likely he would be dealt to the Eastern Conf. BESIDES, KG would have to have the ball.... uhhh would Kobe be OK with that????

Lakers may have to depend on the draft. Remember they have Vlade from SAC ---- Look at SAC, look at Lakers..... <_<

Pistons still have to turn it up.....

B-)

Edited by BruceW

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping the Lakers can wrestle Kevin Garnett away from Minnesota.  The Lakers have cap room, and tons of small forwards to deal.  KG and a PG and we're back in the mix.  We won't have enough to beat the bigs, but at least it wouldn't be 10th place.

In good Laker news, Devean George is back and not only looks healthy but played like a seasoned veteran in the first game I watched.  I've always harped on him for playing stupid--I guess it isn't difficult to appear smart on this NBDL squad.

Minnesota would have to be crazy to give up KG and WHO on the Lakers would Minn want as a replacement???? KG might want to leave but it is more likely he would be dealt to the Eastern Conf. BESIDES, KG would have to have the ball.... uhhh would Kobe be OK with that????

Lakers may have to depend on the draft. Remember they have Vlade from SAC ---- Look at SAC, look at Lakers..... <_<

B-)

KG is in the last year of his contract and can't be happy missing the playoffs. He may want to join forces with Kobe, and the Lakers have money to spend on him. The small forwards would be dealt for someone else entirely.

B-)

KG is in the last year of his contract and can't be happy missing the playoffs. He may want to join forces with Kobe, and the Lakers have money to spend on him. The small forwards would be dealt for someone else entirely.

OK the Lakers have money.... they also have turmoil....... right know they are losers also, so why go from one loser to another???? Who is going to be out there to replace KG??????? (big question) and

if Minn is losing, who (big) out there would want to go to a team that is losing??? (Sam is older, Sprewell just is not performing, Olawakandi is just no good).

I think KG will get more money to stay with promises by management to build a completely better team with good role players.

What ya think??

B-)

Hey man, I've got no choice but to be optimistic. I'm grasping at straws. Leave it up to me and I'd trade Kobe's ass and start from scratch. KG would have more of a chance of winning with Kobe than anyone in Minnesota. Kobe's still a great basketball player. The Lakers are not a losing organization historically, while the Wolves have no history at all.

fwiw

kg signed a 5 year, #100 mill contract extension last season

it runs through the 2008-09 season

he took less money, so the tenderwolves could sign other players

Shit. :lol:

How 'bout Yao? Can we get that son of a gun from Houston?

Jim Rome is also saying that Kobe IS the problem in the Laker organization.

Cleveland is set with LBJ and Z and their point guard. Need a good scorer at PF and they are set.

Houston will burn statium if they let Yao go.

Cleveland will burn statium if they let LBJ go.

Minn will burn statium if they let KG go.

Maybe Lakers should (I hate this) get Webber, then Kobe could drive and Webber could stay a 6'10" jump shooter.

KG just won't work in LA because Kobe has to have the ball in his hands and so does KG.

B-)

Edited by BruceW

Hey,

How about them Baby Bulls???  seeded 5th and 1/2 game out of 4th

:lol:

The crazy thing about the east is that the 6 seed is much, much better to have than the 4 or 5 seed. You get to face a mediocre Atlantic division team in round 1 and then get the Pistons instead of the Heat in round 2. The Bulls-Wizards series should be one of the only viewable Eastern Conference series of the 1st round. So many crappy teams.

I think the Bulls have about a 15-1 shot of passing the Pistons to capture the Central Division title. (Chicago is currently leading the season series 2-1.)

Edited by Guy Berger

Guy is right, but Skiles is way to proud to throw games to get back to 6th. I think they will get to 4th and have a good chance to get past Washington and then will get wiped out by the Heat. I think that's how the bracket works out, but I could be off. In my wildest dreams, I would have said 8th or 7th seed in the playoffs. Then they had such a bad start, and it was well, there goes another year ... I know there are a lot of turnaround teams this year, including the Grizzlies, but I really think Skiles deserves Coach of the Year.

what about the possible chumpions/pacers first round match-up?

A snoozefest. :)

Any clue how long Rashard Lewis will be out of commission for with his "deep bone bruise"? The Sonics look pretty tattered coming into the playoffs and either Sac or Houston could pull off an upset. Another one of those cases you'd prefer a #6 over a #5.

Guy

How did those "chumpions" do against the Lakers last year?

So much hate for Detroit. They completel dismantle a team with 4 hall of famers, and now they are about to get their 4th straight 50 win season. But they are still chumps?

I guarantee not a single team wants to play the pistons in the playoffs. And you will see them beat miami in the ECF.

How did those "chumpions" do against the Lakers last year?

So much hate for Detroit. They completel dismantle a team with 4 hall of famers, and now they are about to get their 4th straight 50 win season. But they are still chumps?

I guarantee not a single team wants to play the pistons in the playoffs. And you will see them beat miami in the ECF.

Hey dude, it's cool... SS1 always calls them the "chumpions".

Guy