Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CJ Shearn

Pablo Records Montreux 77 series

9 posts in this topic

was this ever released as a 15 LP set of all the albums Granz recorded of his artists that year? was the packaging the standard red, white and blue color with text design for that set?

Edited by CJ Shearn

was this ever released as a 15 LP set of all the albums Granz recorded of his artists that year?

Not all in one set, no..

Think there was an 8 LP set of the jam sessions, and another set of the sets ( :blink: ) of the Pablo "regulars", don't know how many LPs. Limited availability, fersure. Older and wealthier collectors than I should have mo'better details.

You come across something?

Think there was an 8 LP set of the jam sessions, and another set of the sets ( :blink: ) of the Pablo "regulars", don't know how many LPs. Limited availability, fersure. Older and wealthier collectors than I should have mo'better details.

I'm old enough to remember these two boxes. But not wealthy enough to

have bought them.

well, I have 6 of the regular OJC CD's from that series, and when I was 8 I found an Italian pressing of t

I'm old enough to remember these two boxes. But not wealthy enough to

have bought them.

If you live close to L.A., I saw both lp boxes, 15 total lps in VG+ shape, and they could be bought for a total of $19.00. It was at Amobea (I know, I can't spell -- CA public school education does it everytime).

PS: I should add that these are great sets to own, just solid, straight ahead jazz, that are great to listen to on a Sunday afternoon. Get them if you ever come across them in the "Land Under the Bins" where these various artists lps reside.

Edited by Matthew

FWIW, I have the "Tommy Flanagan 3" LP from this series.

A series of these Pablo Montreux concerts were released on laserdisc. I have six of them, and they are really good.