Eddie Condon

montg

The Decca/Commodore Mosaic isn't mentioned in this thread yet (unless I missed it, only see the All Stars CBS so far) but Big Beat Steve mentions the jam sessions LP which was on that Decca/Commodore. That box also has some Bud Freeman trio songs that are outstanding. I'd check the discography there if possible for other LP leads. 

11 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

@Rabshakeh - I know that you specified that you prefer individual albums over box sets -- but I can't resist recommending one.

It's just my listening habits. I can't handle a box set. 

Thanks for the recommendations. Pee Wee and Teagarden I know and love. I am particularly looking for the ones mentioned upthread: George Brunis, Wild Bill Davison, and George Wettling, and other 

OK, to continue ...
Re- George Wettling:

If you can find the record listed below (recorded in 1951) at a good price, grab it. Beyond the core of the Condonites, it also has Edmond Hall (on both sessions) and Jimmy Archey (on one of the two sessions) in its lineup. 

https://www.si.edu/object/george-wettlings-jazz-band%3Anmah_674231

The original UK pressing has a red background on the front cover and is on Columbia 33S 1019.

Amusingly, it was considered danceable and party-able enough by the Columbia A&R bigwigs to include a somewhat later pressing of this in their "House Party" 10" series.

No doubt there are many later reissues. One somewhat later reissue on Harmony (a budget spinoff label of Columbia) has two additional tracks from 1957 recorded specifically for that Harmony album.

Edited by Big Beat Steve