Sports: NBA 2007-2008

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe that was the only way Shaq could get out??

:bwallace2:

Probably - but that's the thing with Shaq. He's fine when his team is winning, but when things go south, he wants out. See Orlando, the Lakers, the Heat.

The other thing with Shaq is that he's never been known for his work ethic. When was the last time he played a full season? To me, this was another chance for him to play half a season.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!

That was a funny game. I was very happy to be able to finally watch the Pistons in HD, since I do not have digital cable. I only get the network channels in HD on basic cable. The last time the Pistons played on a Sunday on ABC, I was coming back from out of town, so I missed it.

So my wife comes in about 6 minutes until halftime and reminds me that we're supposed to go to an informal birthday dinner for her sister at a restaurant. Somehow I convince her to let me stay home and watch the game; probably because she knows I've worked my ass off this weekend (three gigs in three nights... a rarity for this time of year).

Besides, the Suns had just cut a 17 point Piston lead to 6. The game was getting close. My wife leaves with Zora and all of a sudden the Pistons go on a 12-0 run to end the half. Then they pick up right where they left off in the third quarter and before I know it, the lead is in the mid-30s! Holy crap! At that point I started researching bass cabinets on the computer, no longer worried about a "close game". I just kept one eye on the TV. :)

I always enjoy watching Phoenix lose. The Suns looked extra rattled in that third period. Did I see back to back backcourt violations?! Oh man, I loved every minute of it. I noticed Chauncey got a nice knot on his head. Did Shaq do that one too? Billups is a tough sob, he played right through it.

The Lakers are rolling. Sasha Vujacic is shooting over 50% from the floor during the current seven game road winning streak.

That sucks, Yao was really elevating his game. I had thoughts that they were being slept on and could really surprise someone in the playoffs, but if SI had them at #1 it wasn't a secret.

I thought they were kind of under most people's radar this season too, Noj. Was surprised they were that high on the power rankings.

Yao has been great this year, and losing him is gonna kill that team.

That's gonna help Denver and Golden State.

I hope so because C-Webb is giving us nothing. The Warriors are just one player away from a championship, sadly that player is Dwight Howard.

At this point I would say the title is Lakers to lose.

Did anyone really expect C Webb to contribute anything substantial. He is through. I said it before when SA was considering getting C Webb; he is too slow now, no legs, no jumping ability and he is still afraid to power the lane. (He is supposed to be a power forward) (He loves to pass; bullshit, the guards and small forward can do all the needed passing). He ruined Kings only real chance at a title by coming back from injury too soon; he slowed down the Pistons even more than they were at that time; and he is too slow for anybody now; Nellie signed him because he felt sorry for what he had done to C Webb when he was in his prime.

Believe it.

This is "the year" for Pistons comeback. (IF THEY CAN STAY FOCUSED)

^ I would say most Warriors fans were 60-40 against. I think some thought he actually helped Detroit last year and might be able to bring some of that here.

I always thought he was a phony and soft but I will say he was the best passing big man I ever saw in person. His rookie season running the break with Billy Owens was a thing of beauty. Sadly it all went waaaaay down hill after that for Golden State. Last years playoffs was like a exorcism of the 14 years of horrendous basketball that preceded it for the fans.