A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Jazz Central Sewer there was no registration in place so anyone could impersonate or be anyone they chose to be.

If we get a secret room the situation should be the same. You are anonymous. Remeber Scrotum Boy?? That fucker was hysterical. Nobody knew who he really was. I think it was Thelil but we never knew. The same situation should be in place here.

DEEP

That would be quite a bit harder to implement, since we already have a registration system in place.

Addendum to my last post re: Patty:

In principle, of course, you are right.  There is nothing wrong with what you are arguing for.

So, you do understand what I'm saying. I don't have my foot in the door. I am not arguing that I demand to be allowed to be insulted. I'm not a prissy schoolmarm and if anybody thinks that this board is peopled by posters who are so thin-skinned that they are going to be shocked and disgusted by anything, then it's not the group I want to be a part of.

I'm not posting from a convent, or the Baptist Women's Embroidery Society.

I don't think that anyone who is familiar with my style thinks that I am a restrictor of ideas, or a monkeywrench in the works.

I did ask for clarification of one post that you are aware and there was a clarification. If a poster's ideas were made merely to titillate, and don't stand scrutiny, there is no reason that they shouldn't be called on them.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it is baffling to me.

As I say, we're grownups here, aren't we??

IMO, dealing with objections to comments on a particular board should be handled by the poster of the objected to material, on the spot and then move on.

The worst that can happen is..............what??

Edited by patricia

In principle, of course, you are right.  There is nothing wrong with what you are arguing for.

So, you do understand what I'm saying. I don't have my foot in the door. I am not arguing that I demand to be allowed to be insulted. I'm not a prissy schoolmarm and if anybody thinks that this board is peopled by posters who are so thin-skinned that they are going to be shocked and disgusted by anything, then it's not the group I want to be a part of.

I don't think that anyone who is familiar with my style thinks that I am a restrictor of ideas, or a monkeywrench in the works.

IMO, dealing with objections to comments on a particular board should be handled by the poster of the objected to material, on the spot and then move on.

Actually, Patty, although this will bring down the LOOK OF DOOM from DEEP, I would prefer that things stay the same.

I'm quite comfortable with the current arrangements.

But you have to work this out with DEEP. I think he feels that he's some kind of target under the current system.

Actually, Patty, although this will bring down the LOOK OF DOOM from DEEP, I would prefer that things stay the same.

I'm quite comfortable with the current arrangements.

But you have to work this out with DEEP. I think he feels that he's some kind of target under the current system.

Oh, I don't think that's true. I'm not afraid of anyone's LOOK OF DOOM

He can *handle himself* very well, even in difficult circumstances, although it is a rather disturbing habit about which he really should see a professional. Many times I have suggested volatility therapy, perhaps with a bunch of Italian guys. ;)

Edited by patricia

At Jazz Central Sewer there was no registration in place so anyone could impersonate or be anyone they chose to be.

If we get a secret room the situation should be the same. You are anonymous. Remeber Scrotum Boy?? That fucker was hysterical. Nobody knew who he really was. I think it was Thelil but we never knew. The same situation should be in place here.

DEEP

That would be quite a bit harder to implement, since we already have a registration system in place.

b,

The secret room would be totally ineffective if the participants couldn't be anonymous.

DEEP

So, I guess my asking for my own thread, to discuss with the other chickies, the intricacies of crocheting doilies is out of the question.  PHOOEY!!!!

Somehow Patty, I think DEEP's X-rated corner will get all the hits. :g;) You guys would end up really crocheting.

Don't be so sure. There's a Jody everywhere. ;)

b,

The secret room would be totally ineffective if the participants couldn't be anonymous.

DEEP

Such a thing would require far more programming knowledge than I have.

Isn't anonymity the last bastion for the cowardly, whose ideas would never be expressed, if they had to stand behind them and defend them??

That's the kind of atmosphere which is the basis for organizations like the KKK and the garden-variety ugly mob, isn't it?? If you're not standing alone, in your own face, you're somehow invisible. Then anything you say wasn't really said by you?

Are there people here who can't stand behind their ideas and take ownership of them??

Edited by patricia

b,

DEEP

Yeah, there was some computer programmer genius named Harris (I think that was his name) who set that shit up. Everybody was singin' his praises for it AND the way he set up the whole site.

Maybe it can't be done with a registration system already in place. It was a nice thought though and I remember it as bein' a fucking gas.

"THE CHAIR" was like entering a completely different world even though it had the same exact appearnce as the regual BBS.

DEEP

b,

DEEP

Isn't anonymity the last bastion for the cowardly, whose ideas would never be expressed, if they had to stand behind them and defend them??

That's the kind of atmosphere which is the basis for organizations like the KKK and the garden-variety ugly mob, isn't it?? If you're not standing alone, in your own face, you're somehow invisible. Then anything you say wasn't really said by you?

Are there people here who can't stand behind their ideas??

Exactly the reason that it is highly unlikely you would ever be privvy to its existence. Probably the only way you would ever have a clue as to when it is in place would be when you don't see me posting "above board" any longer.

DEEP

The hippest thing about "the chair" was that because of the anonymity and freedom to completely UNLOAD on any topic and anybody, it was like playing 4 sided chess. Things got creative as a motherfucker and totally hip. I guess the "Above Board", "I stand by my statements" posters wouldn't, couldn't, and shouldn't even be aware if its existence.

DEEP

If JCS was as great as everyone says it was, with it's CHAIR and all, why did it swirl down the bowl?? Seems like a paridise, often referred to by those who posted there. So, what happened to it??

The company that sponsored it (I can't remember thier name) sold out or merged and the new owners wern't interested in a site.

Sorry, PATTY, it just wasn't because the place was a bore, like you had hoped.

It was happenin' but the new conglomerate wasn't interested in Jazz.

DEEP

If JCS was as great as everyone says it was, with it's CHAIR and all, why did it swirl down the bowl??  Seems like a paridise, often referred to by those who posted there.  So, what happened to it??

The company that sponsored it (I can't remember thier name) sold out or merged and the new owners wern't interested in a site.

Sorry, PATTY, it just wasn't because the place was a bore, like you had hoped.

It was happenin' but the new conglomerate wasn't interested in Jazz.

DEEP

I didn't say that I thought that the reason it doesn't exist anymore was that it was boring. Had I thought that, I would have said that. It was an honest question and I believe that you answered my question.

I'm sure that the discussions were lively and provocative and I certainly wasn't suggesting that they weren't. My point still stands, regarding anonymity and you replied as I hoped you would. I know that you do not hide behind anonymity and I have little respect for anyone who does. You know me well enough to know that.

Edited by patricia

Question: Why is it so important that the chair be connected to this board.

DEEP, you have so much cash. set up your own board.

It's cheap.

Invite whomever you like.

And run with it.

Cheers!

Because DEEP always likes to preserve the potential of being booted off a site. :g

Adds SPICE.

Right DEEP? :P

It's cheap.

And run with it.

Cheers!

Because DEEP always likes to preserve the potential of being booted off a site. :g

Adds SPICE.

Right DEEP? :P

Conn (a linguist),

Deus is a nice cat...not a very perceptive cat.. but nevertheless a nice cat.

I have in the past and probably always will...LIVE CLOSE TO THE EDGE.

And make no mistake about it...I WAS NOT PUT ON THIS EARTH TO BE LIKED...LOVED?? ...YES...BUT DEFINITELY *NOT* LIKED.

DEEP

It's cheap.

And run with it.

Cheers!

dEUS (BAG),

Don't wanna waste a lotta time doin' that. I'd rather AGITATE, INSTIGATE.....AND PRACTICE ...NOT !!

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

It's cheap.

And run with it.

Cheers!

dEUS (BAG),

Don't wanna waste a lotta time doin' that. I'd rather AGITATE, INSTIGATE..[/size]...AND PRACTICE ...NOT.

DEEP

So, if that's your aim, you already have your forum.

How many people would you agitate and how much controversy could you instigate among a small, select group of like-minded individuals, whose comments can't stand the occasional scrutiny of other Organissimo posters, even if they choose to leave without posting, or interacting?

As I suggested earlier, there are already hundreds of websites devoted to those with fringe interests. One has only to search for them. Try using a key word or phrase, which refers to your particular interest. But you already know that I'm sure.

Edited by patricia

Good point, Patty!

She's got you there, DEEP... :ph34r:

Conn, Conn, Conn,

Don't ever underestimate my ability to piss off any number, be it small or large, of people.

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)