A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who post from a bunch of IPs obviously have way too much free time.

Not like all of us. :blink:

I've quite often thought of those who have more than one identity on the same jazz website as fractioned, unnessesarily. Probably more difficult for them to maintain the separate personalities they've established, than it is for us to bother to worry about it.

Our handles here are all we are, along with our personalities established through our opinions as expressed through our posts.

Sure, there is leg-pulling going on, but essentially this is who we are, to each other, for better or worse. I, of course, are much taller than I appear in print. :rolleyes:

Edited by patricia

It appears that this thread has died a quiet death.

I shall tell my grandchildren about it when they are old enough and if I live that long.

Where shall I send the flowers?

Or are donations to a designated charity in order?

:(:(:(

I reluctantly must agree, Clint.

But, it had the most varied subject matter of any thread on the board.

Much like a gathering of friends, the wine flowed and the topics being discussed became other topics, at the drop of a beanie.

I do hope that our thread originator merely slammed the IRON DOOR in a brief fit of pique and will reconsider his rather abrupt departure.

We never know what will happen, but since he had limited his input to this one thread, he painted himself into a corner.

A shame, but, what can you do??........ :w [and crickets].

I think this thread collasped under it's own weight.

Impossible to disagree. I don't think that any thread, except the *pinned* ones have as many posts. Usually that's a good thing. No blood was shed, and serves were vollied, no matter what the comment was. Gotta love that. :wub::blink:

So ends one of the most unique threads I've ever had the pleasure to read. Not with a bang but a whimper. Too bad.

Well, Brad, perhaps another thread will be started. I have to admit that the sheer volume of this one was amazing. A new poster would have to set time aside to read it and get up to speed, if that was really possible.

A FRESH START, by our thread originator would be interesting, but I suspect, like the rest of us, he has a life which demands his occasional attention. :blink::blink:

So ends one of the most unique threads I've ever had the pleasure to read.  Not with a bang but a whimper.  Too bad.

Well, Brad, perhaps another thread will be started. I have to admit that the sheer volume of this one was amazing. A new poster would have to set time aside to read it and get up to speed, if that was really possible.

A FRESH START, by our thread originator would be interesting, but I suspect, like the rest of us, he has a life which demands his occasional attention. :blink::blink:

A life which is replete with many autos and willing oriental chickies.

Long may he squirt. :party::party::party:

So ends one of the most unique threads I've ever had the pleasure to read.  Not with a bang but a whimper.  Too bad.

A life which is replete with many autos and willing oriental chickies.

Long may he squirt. :party::party::party:

It was Deep while it lasted,,,, and sometimes cold too! :lol::g

Perhaps someone should do a retrospective.

"Best of the DEEP thread" and some folks can work up some commentary pointing out what's going on between the lines and hyperlinking to detailed expalnations.

We'll need a general editor, though. Any volunteers?

I , for one, wish his DEEPness would repost choice excerpts from the infamous

"K******POLIS SAGA" from another BBS ( I'm sure Clint and Patricia remember this )

This was DEEP at his irreverent, satiric best ..one of the funniest things Ive ever read on the internet!!

SGUD gives it FIVE STARS!!!!!!

:tup:tup:tup:tup:alien:

I , for one, wish his DEEPness would repost choice excerpts from the infamous

"K******POLIS SAGA" from another BBS  ( I'm sure Clint and Patricia remember this )

This was DEEP at his irreverent, satiric best ..one of the funniest things Ive ever read on the internet!!

SGUD gives it FIVE STARS!!!!!!

:tup  :tup  :tup  :tup  :alien:

Yes, I remember the K******opolis thread.

Like much of satire, it was misconstrued frequently, and taken offence at, more often than you would think. But, you're right, made me guffaw. :blink::D

Edited by patricia

IGNORE THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Well, MASTERHIT's sting has worn off on me (I confess, B-3er, I can't dish it out AND I can't take it.) DEEP's lurking indicates to me that he is recovering also, if somewhat chastened. In my newfound spirit of sympatico I urge him to return to this monstrous thread. Just look at the ripe openings available--eulogies, nostalgia, crocodile tears, etc. Go ahead, wield your cudgel, but keep your rapier handy also. We who are about to barf salute you!

Humbled and Awed,

THE GROPER

IGNORE THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Well, MASTERHIT's sting has worn off on me (I confess, B-3er, I can't dish it out AND I can't take it.)  DEEP's lurking indicates to me that he is recovering also, if somewhat chastened.  In my newfound spirit of sympatico I urge him to return to this monstrous thread.  Just look at the ripe openings available--eulogies, nostalgia, crocodile tears, etc.  Go ahead, wield your cudgel, but keep your rapier handy also.  We who are about to barf salute you!

Humbled and Awed,

THE GROPER

I was actually surprised that I recognized Masterhit's work as mirror-printing, still in my night-attire and groggy.

What astounded me was that our thread originator was cut off at the knees by it.

The post itself was, as we now see, not as volatile as his usual contribution and shouldn't have been as effective as a thread-killer as it appears to be.

I suspect that there is an underlying factor of which we are unaware.

But, as you say, cudgels and rapiers at the ready.

Never humbled. Never awed. :w

Edited by patricia

Glad to see you back, GROPE.

DEEP is missed though the megalomania got a little thick there...

I think our thread-originator is bent on world domination and this thread was sapping his intellectual and physical strength. After all, he's not a young man and can't be expected to juggle as many oranges as some of us whippersnappers.

His glory days are behind him and he is like the "old ones" in ancient times, relating experiences which are now legend.

[OK, OK, he and I are close to the same age, but he has more rough miles on his odometer than I do :blink: ]

SHOCK AND AWE, but not in the way that Mr Rumsfeld meant. No blood. No death. Just wide eyes, snickers and challenges. I miss that. :w

BTW, welcome back, GROPE.

Edited by patricia

Glad to see you back, GROPE.

DEEP is missed though the megalomania got a little thick there...

I think our thread-originator is bent on world domination and this thread was sapping his intellectual and physical strength. After all, he's not a young man and can't be expected to juggle as many oranges as some of us whippersnappers.

His glory days are behind him and he is like the "old ones" in ancient times, relating experiences which are now legend.

[OK, OK, he and I are close to the same age, but he has more rough miles on his odometer than I do :blink: ]

SHOCK AND AWE, but not in the way that Mr Rumsfeld meant. No blood. No death. Just wide eyes, snickers and challenges. I miss that. :w

BTW, welcome back, GROPE.

It looks like this thread is just about played out .. :( and Deep never got around to saying what he thought of our Cd...

Edited by randissimo

Thanks Phil and patricia for the reminder of the K*****opolis thread.

Too bad the dude never wrote the book. :g

I really wish someone had archived that K******opolis thread. That was some of the funniest shit I have ever read on a jazz BBS.

I will never look at Miracle Whip the same way again.

Thanks Phil and patricia for the reminder of the K*****opolis thread.

Too bad the dude never wrote the book. :g

I really wish someone had archived that K******opolis thread. That was some of the funniest shit I have ever read on a jazz BBS.

I will never look at Miracle Whip the same way again.

Well, Jim, knowing our thread-originator's ego, I'm sure he saved every word of the ongoing story.

Why not PM him and ask.