Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheldonm

Portland Jazz Fest..

9 posts in this topic

I live here (well, duh!)but probably won't go, unless I win a ticket to something...

...there's one of the problems...no one wants to go unless they get a free ticket!!!

Looking at the schedule, there's a bunch of FREE stuff, some of which looks mighty interesting. Just a couple that caught my eye, probably others of interest (but names I didn't recognize)...

Friday, Feb. 25th

PDX Jazz Free Performance

Jazz Shabbat w/Afro-Semitic Experience

6:00 pm | Location: Congregation Beth Israel | FREE | Artist Profiles: Afro-Semitic Experience

Saturday, Feb. 26th

Klezmocracy

9:00 pm | Location: Rogue Distillery and Public House | FREE | Artist Profiles: Klezmocracy

...afro-semitic was pretty cool!!!

Looking at the schedule, there's a bunch of FREE stuff, some of which looks mighty interesting. Just a couple that caught my eye, probably others of interest (but names I didn't recognize)...

Friday, Feb. 25th

Jazz Shabbat w/Afro-Semitic Experience

6:00 pm | Location: Congregation Beth Israel | FREE | Artist Profiles: Afro-Semitic Experience

Saturday, Feb. 26th

Klezmocracy

9:00 pm | Location: Rogue Distillery and Public House | FREE | Artist Profiles: Klezmocracy

I'm moving to Portland in a couple of years, mostly to be close to grandkids, but also to hear some live music. I'd love to hear/see some of those concerts!

gregmo

Is this the cement place?

Hear Randy Weston in conversation with Marty Hughley, recorded February 18, 2011 as part of the Portland Jazz Festival -

LISTEN HERE