Hendrix and Larry Young

Hardbopjazz

The two Young jams were posted to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.bootlegs about 8 days ago, so depending on your news server you might be able to still get them (along with a bunch of other Hendrix jams, including one with McLaughlin & Holland). The poster listed the files as coming from Message from Nine to the Universe Vols, 1 & 2--maybe 2 was a traders' CD-R? I use Easynews for usenet binary files, and they keep stuff on their servers for about 4 weeks.

The two Young jams were posted to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.bootlegs about 8 days ago, so depending on your news server you might be able to still get them (along with a bunch of other Hendrix jams, including one with McLaughlin & Holland). The poster listed the files as coming from Message from Nine to the Universe Vols, 1 & 2--maybe 2 was a traders' CD-R? I use Easynews for usenet binary files, and they keep stuff on their servers for about 4 weeks.

How do you get to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.bootlegs?

How do you get to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.bootlegs?

I believe the basic way to get to a usenet newsgroup is to subscribe (free) through your ISP's usenet service, and use a news reader to navigate (Outlook works as one). However, I found this very cumbersome, and I haven't tried it in a long time. Maybe somebody else can offer advice on doing it that way.

Now I use Easynews, which provides a web-based interface to newsgroup binary content. There are other similar services out there. With Easynews I can search within groups easily, and download groups of files or albums as zip files. It costs $10 a month, allows 6 gigs of downloads per month, and they generally keep content on their servers for about 28 days. I don't use any peer-to-peer file sharing, and this is the way I find a lot of non-commercially-released and out-of-print material as digital files.