2017 MLB Facts, Lies, Propaganda, Opinions, & Pictures

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aprendiendo-espaol-con-los-cubanos-2-728

https://www.slideshare.net/atajar/aprendiendo-espaol-con-los-cubanos

There's whole series of these, and these sayings. Translation is rough, it appears to be quite idiomatic/colloquial/whatever, but it seems to boil down to The Cuban Is The Baddest Motherfucker alive, which, ok, Tata Guines, you got me there, but otoh, Adrian Beltre no es Cubano, so reconcile that differencee if you need to, I don't.

Actually, I think it's talking about how Cuban Spanish is indeed quite idiomatic, and if my extremely small sample size is any indicator, with that I will not disagree. I know the "accent" is completely crazymad it's own thing, percussive and rolling all at once, absolutely beautiful even if you don't understand the words.

In position-specific terms, he's been the Brooks Robinson of my adulthood. I used to lave watching the Orioles play whenever possible, waiting for Brooks to do one of his things. LOVED watching that guyn

I've been able to watch Belte at will for a good while now, and I tell you, it has been a splendid experince.

Hoping that the Yankees manage to land Sonny Gray today without giving away too much of the farm (so to speak) and that Aaron Judge can get back on track--between his and Matt Holliday's struggles, the 3-4 slots in the Yankee lineup have been a black hole of late:

Yankees still pursuing Sonny Gray; Aaron Judge slump

Best thing I've read about the painfully unfulfilled promise of the Rangers' stint with Yu Davish (sic):

Scouts Take on The Darvish Deal

https://www.lonestarball.com/2017/8/1/16072780/scouts-take-on-the-darvish-deal

I’m sure it wasn’t a fun day in the Rangers front offices. I imagine they’re satisfied with their return, but make no mistake- this sucks. They wish they were in contention and they wish the thought of trading Yu was off the table given the playoff standings. But the reality is, this is where they are. And this is where we are as a fanbase. I got a couple new dudes on the farm and Texas hedged losing Yu for nothing in December. It’s a roller coaster and we all bought tickets. Gonna be ups. Gonna be downs. And we’re gonna go real, real fast at times. And it’s gonna be a whole lot of fun regardless. Especially for those of us who don’t own the coaster. Being a fan is the best, except when it’s the worst. Or the hardest. But truthfully, it’s still the best.

As Always, Enjoy Baseball!

Full page ad in today's Dallas Morning News:

ECVOts2.jpg

I've not pulled for the Dodgers since the Walter Alston days, nor do I have any intent reversing course. But if Yu helps get them to the World Series, I'll suspend that. Just once!

Darvish has been a delight his whole time here. Too bad this is how it ended.

2 hours ago, paul secor said:

If Bo Jackson had decided to have a go at someone, he would have done some damage.

Kevin Walker laughs at the presumptuousness of that assumption.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I hope Ryan (a marginal HOFer) got the worst of it but looks like he got a few good licks on Ventura. 

Dude, that scrap made Ryan A National Hero in Arlington for a decade or more. Then he went to the Astros becuase he got butthurt by ownership and now nobody gives a fuck.

Well, almost nobody:

I was watching that game on TV, and have seen it replayed literally hundreds of time. As usual, the mythoogy is a lot more gaudy than the reality. But the reality, as always, is a lot more interesting: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-action/201404/nolan-ryan-making-pitcher-rob-goldman-rangers-white-sox-ventura-grebeck