eBay customer service

Hope everyone is safe-

I opened a couple of requests last week to obtain refunds on eBay orders from a seller that never showed up (not from any members here on the board- the CDs were purchased from a well known Japanese seller on eBay) and was told in an email response from eBay to wait until June 3, 2020 for eBay to “step in”.

I waited until June 3rd and followed the directions eBay gave...go to “purchase history”- locate item- view request details and ask eBay to step in. The problem is that the CDs I ordered were from March 2020 and are no longer on my purchase history.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there a telephone number to call. I emailed eBay customer service and the email came back undeliverable. I then logged into eBay and was directed to some service to pay $5.00 which I found completely incredulous.

Very unhappy with what appears to be a lack of customer service with eBay.

Thanks and stay safe 

Bob

Edited by bebopbob

The purchase history page is just really poorly designed.

If you look in the top right, it'll say "See orders from: The last 60 days". Click on that, and change it to "2020". It'll show you all orders this year.

Hope that helps!

If you used a credit card through PayPal, that gives you two more methods to get a refund. I haven’t gotten anything from Japan ebay but they seemed to grossly underestimate the shipping time back then.

Edited by Ken Dryden
Fix autocorrect