Amazing amount of work in these collections.

They are copying from the Ruppli volumes just as everybody else, and other unreliable CD credits and internet sources, The only accurate and reliable discos ate those on jazzdiscography.com. Compare the Joe Henderson disco there with the one on the site you listed. Same with their Fantasy listings - same errors as everywhere.

Edited by mikeweil

I checked the listings in that discography for Joe Henderson and Andrew Hill. They are pretty good. They do not include the new tracks in the Mobley and Henderson Mosaic sets, but I guess they will update the listings in due course. 

They don't have one-line session indexes, so you have to wade through all the details to find what you need. I think that is a serious drawback that makes it tedious to use.

The discography that I referenced is pretty accurate, and much easier to use. I have found it to be very useful over the years. I have not found many errors or omissions.

Anyway, there is room for both.

• 1 month later...