The Kenny Clarke orchestra with Andy and the Bey sisters

birdanddizzy

Mike Hennessey's book doesn't list that either - this info should be forwarded to him!

I contacted Mike a few months ago.

Dr Michael Frohne listed the recordings of Kenny Clarke (it represents >250 pages) ; his very exhaustive discography of Kenny Clarke is joined to the German reedition of the book "Klook" (on a CD-Rom). He didn't knew the existence of this EP !

• 6 months later...

I have this very rare EP of Kenny Clarke, missing from the discographies (Métropole [FR] 46001) .

Is there someone here who could give me the date of recording (Paris, 1959 or 1960) and the date of release ?

Thanks

the two part "caravan" is released on the wonderful two-cd "i like be i like bop" on the ab fable label (abcd2-011/12). including a 96(!) page booklet. (they have wonderful releases! look here: http://www.abar.net/ ) the recording date is given as: c.december 1959 and the first release as ?c.1970 on your métropole ep.

keep boppin´

marcel

• 2 weeks later...

the two part "caravan" is released on the wonderful two-cd "i like be i like bop" on the ab fable label (abcd2-011/12). including a 96(!) page booklet. (they have wonderful releases! look here: http://www.abar.net/ ) the recording date is given as: c.december 1959 and the first release as ?c.1970 on your métropole ep.

keep boppin´

marcel

Dear Bichos,

The two parts of "Caravan" released on the label of Anthony come directly from my EP.

I participated to the booklet providing information about Elek Bacsik.

Best

Steven Jambot

keep boppin´

marcel

Dear Bichos,

The two parts of "Caravan" released on the label of Anthony come directly from my EP.

I participated to the booklet providing information about Elek Bacsik.

Best

Steven Jambot

congratulations, steven.

than my info was useless for you, sorry. (maybe i have to read the liner-notes more carefully. sorry i don´t recordnize your name.) but thanks for the interesting informations about the great elek bacsik (one of my favourite musicians).

keep boppin´

marcel