• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Gerry Mulligan Songbook Vol 1 Featuring Gerry Mulligan and the Sax Section (World Pacific, Japanese re-issue)

With Zoot Sims, Al Cohn, Lee Konitz, Allen Eager, Freddie Green, Henry Grimes and Dave Bailey in 1957. Wonderful session - not surprising when you see who's on it!

Edited by BillF

lou donaldson-cosmos

this is pretty good! is leon spencer playing clavinet here?

magnifiberg...really? those earland tracks are from almost a decade earlier? i am blown away by this conspiracy. wow. i guess it makes sense if perkins is on drums but still...

Jack Bruce 'Things We Like' (Polydor)

Bangers, mash, and Dick Heckstall-Smith!

Have you read the Dick Heckstall-Smith autobiography, Blowing the Blues? It's a pretty good read, plus it includes a CD of unreleased music, the best of which are two long cuts by the group DHS$.

Have you read the Dick Heckstall-Smith autobiography, Blowing the Blues? It's a pretty good read, plus it includes a CD of unreleased music, the best of which are two long cuts by the group DHS$.

I've read a copy of the original imprint at a library - a really good read. Some fascinating reminiscences about Graham Bond, the Colloseum years with Jon Hiseman and about Mike Taylor. Is it now available in re-print with CD? (in which case I'll get me a copy pronto).

Indeed - a great cover (and a nice album musically too). Much jazzier than most of Bruce's output at this time. Dick Heckstall-Smith sounds like a cross between Rollins and Kirk, with a bit of his own R&B madness thrown in. :tup