• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Art Blakey 'Buttercorn Lady' (Limelight stereo gatefold orig.) Weirdest Blakey album ever?

Dunno - what about "Hold on, I'm coming"?

MG

I remember that one getting a lotta laughs when it was displayed in record store windows. What were they trying to do - sex up the message?

I remember that one getting a lotta laughs when it was displayed in record store windows. What were they trying to do - sex up the message?

You could be right. Dodgy dossier in parts, I think. Interesting lineup though (Frank Mitchell, Chuck Mangione, Keith Jarrett).

Now spinning 'George Shearing and the Montgomery Brothers' (Jazzland DG orange label, mono)

I have some sad news to report. I have just been listening to my first ever original BN record ( McLean Let Freedom Ring ). This could the end of my teaching career as I need to start raising some funds and find a better paid job. :excited: My world! This is just amazing.

I have some sad news to report. I have just been listening to my first ever original BN record ( McLean Let Freedom Ring ). This could the end of my teaching career as I need to start raising some funds and find a better paid job. :excited: My world! This is just amazing.

You're on the slippery slope there, Yves. I like the McLean original Blue Notes so much that I hunted out the lot. :unsure: Check out 47W63rd DG 'Bluesnik' in particular. :excited: I only have 'Bout Soul' on CD though, quite happy with that.

Nah, original Blue Notes is passe. It's Ronco, K-Tel, Pickwick etc. all the way for me now..

Now spinning Slide Hampton 'Jazz With A Twist' (London, DG mono). Kicks ass !

Some recent second hand finds:

Robin Kenyatta - Girl from Martinique (ECM)

David Murray - Children (Black Saint)

Bengt Berger - Bitter funeral beer (ECM)

George Adams - Sound suggestions (ECM)

Edited by Claude

George Adams - Sound suggestions (ECM)

Great album. I bought it over ten years ago before I really knew who he was. It's one of my favorite ECM albums.

Almost forgot. Now spinning

Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots (Atlantic) Mono Red/Purple label.

Edited by six string