Frank Zappa - Uncle Meat

bertrand

Quick question - The CD of Frank Zappa's Uncle Meat has some bonus tracks on disc two which are really just filler. The original sides one, two and three of the LP are now on disc one (side four is on disc two with the filler).

What were the opening tracks to sides two and three on the vinyl? I vaguely remember that it was 'Sleeping In A Jar' and 'Mr. Green Genes' respectively, but my vinyl is in France and I can't find a listing on the net. Can anyone confirm my recollection?

Thanks in advance,

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Side One

Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme

The Voice of Cheese

Nine Types of Industrial Pollution (AKA 400 days of the year)

Zolar Czakl

Dog Breath, in the Year of the Plague

The Legend of the Golden Arches

Louie Louie (At the Royal Albert Hall in London)

The Dog Breath Variations

Side Two

Sleeping in a Jar

Our Bizarre Relationship

The Uncle Meat Variations

Electric Aunt Jemima

Prelude to King Kong

God Bless America

A Pound for a Brown on the Bus

Ian Underwood Whips It Out

Side Three

Mr. Green Genes

We Can Shoot You

If We'd All Been Living in California...

The Air

Project X

Cruisin' for Burgers

Side Four

King Kong Itself

King Kong II

King Kong III

King Kong IV

King Kong V

King Kong VI

of course many albums were pressed for these stack-em-up type players and had side 1 paired with side 4 and 2 with 3.

Thanks couw.

I'm glad I kept the vinyl. I was listening to a library copy of the CD last night, and I thought it didn't sound as good as I remembered. AND that 40-minute movie excerpt is boring as shit. I always supsected the movie was a dud.

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

I had the opportunity to see the "film", and it was not something I'd like to do again. However, the album is one of my Zappa favourites. I have an 80s CD release with some mislocated track indexes. Is the later Rykodisc release fixed in this regard?

for everyone who never cared to get the vinyl and who thinks Rueben and the Jets is a crappy album

YOU NEED RUEBEN AND THE JETS IN THE ORIGINAL VINYL VERSION

this is ONE AWESOME album, one of my absolute favourites. It kicks the shit out of WOIIFTMoney on a sunday morning as far as I am concerned. The whole pastiche, spoof, critique thing is at its absolute height here, just before FZ went all Jazz on us. It's UMeat and FOut combined with a little money on top.

He should also have lived long enough to renounce all the machine music he bored us to death with in the lllloonngg latter part of his life which almost eclipsed the wonderful music he made until -say - the late Seventies. Sofa No 9 for example.

If anyone is suffering Zappa lack then you should try out a couple of the bands here which have done "tribute" style CDs. I'm thinking firstly of The Zappatistas with John Etheridge who do a mean King Kong on their Live at Leeds CD and the Muffin Men (a german band? - though they don't have german sounding names). If you know of others I would like to hear about them

1ngram

He should also have lived long enough to renounce all the machine music he bored us to death with in the lllloonngg latter part of his life which almost eclipsed the wonderful music he made until -say - the late Seventies. Sofa No 9 for example.

Some of us like that machine music. <_<