Nelson Riddle twofer

Guest Chaney

Guest Chaney

riddle_nels_seaofdrea_101b.jpg

As I completely missed word of the the re-release of the above material back in March, I though I'd bring it to the attention of others who might possibly care. ( :huh: )

Two others -- available now in Germany -- which were set to be released (in the USA?) on April 5, 2004 but have been delayed:

948147j8f34fvr.jpg

Liner Notes

B0000ZP3DO.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Liner Notes

From the Amazon.de site: a Google-translated bit of info on these releases:

A new consequence outstanding from the MPS - MOST PERFECT SOUND EDITION, CD Wiederveroeffentlichungen of of Germany, equipped, legendary jazz label and of the 70's 60's, now again with original Cover, original Linernotes, 192kHz/24BIT-Remastering, to the Special Price.

There Nelson Riddle, the legendary US Arrangeur, among other things responsible for the best franc Sinatra albums, traveled for this album 1971 to Munich and created, a large jazz Lounge sound new for it. It was supported thereby by a large orchestra and a first-class Studio Solisten such as Charly Antolini, Ack van Rooyen and seriousness August "Ernie" source. On "Communication" title, which German composers such as Claus Ogerman, Erwin lean, is Heinz Kiessling, Franz Grothe and Rolf Hans's Mueller exclusively for the American admired by them wrote. The taken revenge itself with elegant jazzigem Easy Listening of large championship. The TRACK "Volcano's Daugher" was already rediscovered owing to the Compilation "GET Easy 4" as a cult classical author.

The (translated) opinion of one listener re Communication:

Redundantly, 27 April 2004

Rezensentin/Rezensent: rude420 from Rauenberg Germany 

Nelson Riddle, one the greatest Arrangeure of the Swing era travels to Germany around a new loungigen style to create... why only it did itself there?

I am me not even reliably whether at all Riddle with its volumes entrance was there. Dreadful arrangements, grausige Rythm CHANGES and the whole also still badly easily. Neither Swing nor Lounge are to be heard on these CD. An excessive disappointment. Then nevertheless dear Nelson with Ella. Arrangement art RK its best.

I think you get the gist of it.

FINALLY up and running is The Nelson Riddle Collection.

a-cocktail.gif

Edited by Chaney

Need more time to delve into this.

I found vinyl of CHANGING COLORS a few wmotnes ago, and found it to have moments, but not a large number of them. Can't comment on the others, but I've not heard anything pro or con, unlike Riddle's best work, which has a cult-like following of obsessives (of which I am gradually becoming) that makes sure to let you know what you need to hear.

Riddle at his best was a genius, but if you've read his biography, you can understand why he wasn't always at his best. I suspect that I'll be checking these out anyway... :)

The taken revenge itself with elegant jazzigem Easy Listening of large championship.

:huh: You gotta love those online translations. Big Al and I used to translate things from english into german, and then back into english... add a little editing, and VIOLA ;) ... BIG laffs. Well, sometimes.

I'm kind of curious about the content of those two albums on the twofer. Time for a search...

Riddle at his best was a genius, but if you've read his biography, you can understand why he wasn't always at his best.

Drugs, drink, women, men, cross dressing, small furry animals or all of the above?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Chaney

And available April 28, 2005:

riddle_nels_oklahomac_101b.jpg

I recently received the Collectables two-fer, Paris When It Sizzles/Interprets Great Music Great Films Great Sounds, and I must say, wonderful music -- especially Interprets... -- but my god, what atrocious sound! Clarity to spare but bright beyond belief; we're talkng ear-bleed territory. Probably geared toward those with lo-fi systems. Darned shame.

Edited by Chaney

The taken revenge itself with elegant jazzigem Easy Listening of large championship.

:huh: You gotta love those online translations. Big Al and I used to translate things from english into german, and then back into english... add a little editing, and VIOLA ;) ... BIG laffs. Well, sometimes.

The taken revenge with the simple hearing elegant jazzigem of the large championship.  They received to love those on-line translations.  Large aluminium and I used to translate things of English into German and then back in English... you add drawing up few and VIOLA..., LARGE ONES laffs.  Well sometimes.

:lol:

love "Large aluminium"! Hey Al, time for a new alias? Large one laffs!

Guest Chaney

I recently received the Collectables two-fer, Paris When It Sizzles/Interprets Great Music Great Films Great Sounds, and I must say, wonderful music -- especially Interprets... -- but my god, what atrocious sound!  Clarity to spare but bright beyond belief; we're talikng ear-bleed territory.  Probably geared toward those with lo-fi systems.  Darned shame.

Listening to this one one my computer -- with Harman/Kardon speakers and sub -- it sounds (especially as compared to my highly-resolving main system) positively sweet.

So, if you have a crap system, you should have no problems with the sound of this two-fer.

<_<

• 3 months later...