I bought a House!!!

Wow!!!  Congratulations!!! :tup  I guess since I own a co-op apartment in NYC, it's the backyard and trees that remain my dream... :wub:  Like Dan's Florida backyard with the fruit trees... 

Hell, I'd trade my willow trees and ducks in the pond in a nanosecond for an apt. in NYC. That's what Central Park is for...

:wub: NYC!

Edited by rachel

Wow!!!  Congratulations!!! :tup  I guess since I own a co-op apartment in NYC, it's the backyard and trees that remain my dream... :wub:  Like Dan's Florida backyard with the fruit trees... 

Hell, I'd trade my willow trees and ducks in the pond in a nanosecond for an apt. in NYC. That's what Central Park is for...

That's what parks in NJ and upstate NY are for.

It would be nice to have a place in NYC or Brooklyn, but I want another place in the sticks. I know quite a few folks who have both.

Maybe later....I just have my apt. in NJ for now!

Congratulations, John! It took my wife & me 9 months to find our house in Bloomington, which is a considerably cheaper market than yours. We're still intending to get out to Port Townsend one of these days (do they still have the annual jazz festival there? Is Shank still a resident? I thought Catesta or somebody else mentioned that he'd moved to Arizona) and would love to hook up with you.

Believe me, just the knowledge that your money is no longer going into the black hole of rental payments (well, at first a lot of it will be going into the black hole of interest payments) is a big relief--as is knowing that you're no longer at the mercy of a landlord who may, on a whim, "re-model" (usually not for the better) or up your rent outrageously.

Congratulations on the new house.  Important question:  dose it have sufficient room for CDs, vinyl, and Mosaic sets?  ;)

Don't worry, I'll make room. ;)

The War Room! ^_^ Stocked with plenty of great jazz to listen to while assaulting the powers that be... Looking forward to the next Non Grata & Reptet projects.

Congratulations on your new home and what sounds like a great deal in a great neighborhood! The market out here in Seattle is still crazy. My wife and I are also looking to buy a house but haven’t yet found anything in our price range that resembles a sound structure. I only wish I had been smart enough to buy when I first moved out here in the early 1990s. For now it’s weekdays searching the real estate Web sites and weekends driving around and on the look out for that diamond in the rough.

Ghost: Yes they still have a yearly jazz festival in Port Townsend. Here’s a link to the festival Web site:

Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend

I might try to catch the Buster Williams Quartet on July 31.

Alejandro

Edited by alejo

That's what parks in NJ and upstate NY are for.

It would be nice to have a place in NYC or Brooklyn, but I want another place in the sticks. I know quite a few folks who have both.

Maybe later....I just have my apt. in NJ for now!

Yeah, I know I have to count my blessings! [Rest assured, however, we're not talking glamour when it comes to my building! This is "co-op" in the old lefty-hippie sense of the word, with the usual problem of argumentative and uncooperative "cooperators"! And "second home" would only be a possibility thanks to Lotto or equivalent... Just sometimes think it would be nice to have my own little trees, and no foot traffic directly outside my apartment door and overhead while I'm trying to sleep, after 30+ years of apartment living... But considering the septic tank UNDER that greener grass, and having to call the guy to fix it, okay, I'm counting my blessings!]

Congrats Johnny.

We know this is just the initial step in your becoming a rightwinger. ;)

I've lived in apartments for most of my life and was quite happy doing so. I was in no rush to buy a house, which I eventually did in 2000. We are happy with it and we've put our share of money in upgrading it. I do appreciate the tax deductions and our large backyard, but I'm working too damned much to enjoy much of anything. <_<:(

It's good to buy homes now before interest rates move up. You get a mixed bag of neighbors but hopefully it all works out.

Good luck!