FREE SHIPPING!

It's a nice gesture but all of the mosaic sets I receive from them show that they always make a decent profit on the shipping charges.

Typically I'll be charged $18 shipping but cost to mosaic will be nearer $12 (as evidenced by the charges on the package)

Mosaic has to pay for those brochures somehow. ^_^

I can't see that they're making that much on shipping. A six cd set is about $7 or so. With box, bubble wrap and UPS (even though they're probably getting a discount), I can't see them making more than $2 a box. That's not that much. Plus free shipping isn't that much of an incentive. 20 percent would be a heck of a lot nicer.

Guest Chaney

My favorite European board member ( ^_^ ) finds that it's cheaper (for him) to order Mosaic sets, have them shipped to me (in Buffalo) and I then ship them to him via Air Parcel Post.

I'd say that's a pretty clear indication that Mosaic's shipping and handling charges -- at least for Europe -- are rather high.

I do not find ,from my vantage point in Sweden, that this promotion is much of an incentive. I plan to get the Hodges box set in a couple of months and see no reason to go in to debt in order to bring ithat purchase forward, had the Tal Farlow been included however I would have taken the plunge.

I just tried placing an online order at Mosaic to try to take advantage of the free shipping. There seems to be a problem with the order going through (a server error message comes up).

Just wondering if anyone else tried placing an order today and had the same/similar problem?

C.

I used the free shipping as an excuse to order the Johnny Smith set. Interestingly it was delivered by UPS instead of their normal carrier Airborne. I wonder if Mosaic got a deal with UPS...

I always request UPS. AE is a pain to deal with. I suspect that feeling is fairly common (?). Maybe Mosaic is also finding it easier to deal with UPS.