The Grateful Dead Dark Star

jazzbo

Guest bluenote82

Okay, thanks for stopping by.

No problem, anytime I can tell people how much I dislike the Grateful Dead is great for me. :)

Now here's a good psychedelic band:

OZRIC TENTACLES

ozrictentacles.jpg

Edited by bluenote82

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly never liked the Grateful Dead. The music just wasn't all that great. If I was going to listen to a psychadelic band or whatever you want to call them I'll listen to Ten Years After, Pink Floyd, Fever Tree, Iron Butterfly, Jefferson Airplane, Ozric Tentacles, or Vanilla Fudge. I think they said a whole lot more musically then the Grateful Dead ever did.

If you don't like the dead, then why post in this thread? It's populated by people who love the band, and with my stupid exception, will hopefully ignore you.

Go away.

Guest bluenote82

I honestly never liked the Grateful Dead. The music just wasn't all that great. If I was going to listen to a psychadelic band or whatever you want to call them I'll listen to Ten Years After, Pink Floyd, Fever Tree, Iron Butterfly, Jefferson Airplane, Ozric Tentacles, or Vanilla Fudge. I think they said a whole lot more musically then the Grateful Dead ever did.

If you don't like the dead, then why post in this thread? It's populated by people who love the band, and with my stupid exception, will hopefully ignore you.

Go away.

Well because it's nice to have a different perspective is all. Not everybody likes the Grateful Dead, so I figured why not share some of my favorite pshychedelic bands with everybody.

Guest bluenote82

Don't feed the troll.

So somebody who doesn't like what you like is a troll? That's just dumb.

somebody who tried to encroach on a 113 page love fest just to stir things up IS a troll.

I really liked that show about you in the 80's, Corky.

What are you talking about?

Guest bluenote82

It's populated by people who love the band, and with my stupid exception, will hopefully ignore you.

Go away.

I am putting him on the ignore list like I did over at AAJ before he ruins puppies and ice cream for me also.

NP: 7-19-74!

Oh, I'm sorry I ruined everything for you, WorldB3. Like I care, you obviously don't know how to any kind of negativity, do you?

I am putting him on the ignore list like I did over at AAJ before he ruins puppies and ice cream for me also.

wise move. how does someone ruin puppies and ice cream? Yikes.

NP: 7-19-74!

That looks like a bad little set. I have to admit to having never heard Scarlet Begonias without Fire On the Mountain attached to it.

wow what a shitting coincidence. i have been down on dead for a while as i said maybe above (can still put on my favorites, but no first sets and nothing outside of '68-'79) but 7/19/74 has always been a personal favorite and i recently put it on and it is still great. probably the only US blues i will willingly listen to (well also i think there is one from 6/74 out of something good in boston or providence which i would do again). but this show is great. or at least the second set is. don't listen to the first. but i would say this is an underrated set and one of the band's best ever for good improvising. everything is really well extended.

i was actually in a small trendy womens clothing boutique with my ex-girlfriend the other day, a japanese place, and the hip japanese dude working the store had on a trippy truckin'. not even a studio version. a flat out either '73 or '74 truckin' which was going into an other one it sounded like as we left but it was rocking trippy for a good fifteen minutes as my ex tried on boots. was surprised to find that in an east village hip boutique.

i was actually in a small trendy womens clothing boutique with my ex-girlfriend the other day, a japanese place, and the hip japanese dude working the store had on a trippy truckin'. not even a studio version. a flat out either '73 or '74 truckin' which was going into an other one it sounded like as we left but it was rocking trippy for a good fifteen minutes as my ex tried on boots. was surprised to find that in an east village hip boutique.

If you go to the dead's website, on "the taper's section" a couple of weeks back, they had a PHENOMENAL Truckin' up that had a sick 15 minute jam come out of the end. That made my day when I put that on.

If I have time, I'll track it down and let you know when it was from.

Guest bluenote82

If you go to the dead's website, on "the taper's section" a couple of weeks back, they had a PHENOMENAL Truckin' up that had a sick 15 minute jam come out of the end. That made my day when I put that on.

If I have time, I'll track it down and let you know when it was from.

blah....blah....blah.....everything you say is....blah....blah.....blah

wow what a shitting coincidence. i have been down on dead for a while as i said maybe above (can still put on my favorites, but no first sets and nothing outside of '68-'79) but 7/19/74 has always been a personal favorite and i recently put it on and it is still great. probably the only US blues i will willingly listen to (well also i think there is one from 6/74 out of something good in boston or providence which i would do again). but this show is great. or at least the second set is. don't listen to the first. but i would say this is an underrated set and one of the band's best ever for good improvising. everything is really well extended.

6/74 Boston - Providence makes up Dicks Picks 12. Highly recommended. The Let It Grow-Spanish-Eyes is what makes the 7-19-74 for me. I pretty much live in the 73-74 era.

Edited by WorldB3

Guest bluenote82

this coming from the poster child for keeping abortions safe and legal.

wow what a shitting coincidence. i have been down on dead for a while as i said maybe above (can still put on my favorites, but no first sets and nothing outside of '68-'79) but 7/19/74 has always been a personal favorite and i recently put it on and it is still great. probably the only US blues i will willingly listen to (well also i think there is one from 6/74 out of something good in boston or providence which i would do again). but this show is great. or at least the second set is. don't listen to the first.

Oooo, be careful ducking 1st sets entirely. Playing In The Band often ended the 1st set (such as on 7/19.) Sometimes the China>Rider and Weather Report Suites are tucked in at the end too of the 1st set too. And Bird Song is almost always a 1st set song too. If the goal is to hear the jams, I think you might want to be a little more precise with the scalpel. And as these aren't tapes, it's easy enough to do.

Any more news on the Winterland 73 box set? Or has that idea bitten the dust for the second time?

Nothing new to report for now, but as the last bit of news said May for the release, we may still be a month or so away from pre-order news.

Earlier in the week I got an email from the Dead store with the word "limited" in the subject. My heart jumped, then I saw it was for a limited edition St. Patrick's Day stealie t-shirt. Boo hoo...

Keep the faith!

does anyone here use the site who's name you would use a bow for to shoot it and it would then fly quickly? someone just showed it to me. if i had the energy i would look up and download some exciting sounding shows. but i don't have energy for that. glad to know it is there though.

Yea, that is a great site. I use it. Not too much energy required.

Edited by John L

does anyone here use the site who's name you would use a bow for to shoot it and it would then fly quickly? someone just showed it to me. if i had the energy i would look up and download some exciting sounding shows. but i don't have energy for that. glad to know it is there though.

Yea, that is a great site. I use it. Not too much energy required:

I think they don't want the link posted on sites, anyway is anybody following the two guys who are reviewing every show from 74. Its a really great read.

Edited by WorldB3