What's For Lunch?

Usually I'm brown bagging it; usually once a week I'll break up the monotony by going for a sandwich from Arby's (those Market Fresh sandwiches are pretty tasty), Boston Market (why did they drop ham from the menu?) or today, General Tso's Chicken from a cheap and decent chinese store front takeout type place.

I'm going out to dinner tonight so I will probably eat a light lunch today. Not sure what. Maybe some broccoli and steamed rice from the Moonstar--local greasy spoon buffet that you can do take out for $3.99/lb. Some days it's just barely okay and some days it's not bad. The broccoli is the one dish they can't screw up because it is steamed.

Looking forward to Friday. Meeting a friend at Rubio's for some good old fish tacos!

Around here Frito Pie is chili with fritos and cheese and if you're loco also onions.

I brown bag about 8 days out of 10 at work. . . it's the bedrock of my budgeting system! But the walk to Clay Pit or another neighboring restaurant is good for me too! B)

Well, it's 5:30 PM and I just finished my lunch. I had Wolfgang Puck's Chicken Chinois salad and put-you-in-a-coma-brownie-it's-so-big. I had a harrowing afternoon. Got pulled into a meeting with my executive manager and I endured a 25 minute terrifying drive down Highway 101 at 80mph while he dialed and talked on the phone, while steering the care with the palm of one hand. I just knew I was going to die.

Rainy that kind of driving could be wack even for Jeff Gordon. Glad you survived. Like Jazzbo said Frito Pie is Fritos and Chili. It seems like a regional specialty for Texas, New Mexico and parts of Colorado. There's a place that serves it just down the hill from where I work and more often than not it's pretty good the way they serve it. It consists of home made green chili with pork or you could get red chili if you so desire-I generally prefer green because it's hotter. Also in the mix the fritos,diced tomatoes and cheese. I pour the green chili over the fritos and voila-instant meal. Tomorrow their serving up shrimp tacos so I know where I'm dining for lunch!

Rainy that kind of driving could be wack even for Jeff Gordon. Glad you survived. Like Jazzbo said Frito Pie is Fritos and Chili. It seems like a regional specialty for Texas, New Mexico and parts of Colorado. There's a place that serves it just down the hill from where I work and more often than not it's pretty good the way they serve it. It consists of home made green chili with pork or you could get red chili if you so desire-I generally prefer green because it's hotter. Also in the mix the fritos,diced tomatoes and cheese. I pour the green chili over the fritos and voila-instant meal. Tomorrow their serving up shrimp tacos so I know where I'm dining for lunch!

That sounds gooood! I'm having fish tacos tomorrow. Rubios is chain out of San Diego, I think. But the food is really good.

Yeah, the drive was crazy. Holding the phone with his fingers, steering with his palm, and holding the earpiece to his mouth with the other hand. I left him by the elevator back at work, still on his cell.

That dude sounds like a stereotypical executive. If you have to ride with this guy often you might want some Jeff Gordon gear like a helmet,Hans device etc. :P. They have Rubios in Colorado too. Unfortunately not in this part but when I was coming back from Fort Collins earlier this year we stopped at this big mall in Broomfield that had a Rubios in it's food court. I had Fish and Carne Asada tacos and I was a very happy camper. :P

Jeff Gordon races cars for a living. He's a top NASCAR racer and moneywinner and probably has a better grasp then most on what happens when you take foolish chances behind the wheel. It sounds like your exec might even make Gordon nervous. Life is tough enough without having it put at risk by someone who is multi tasking at a high rate of speed. If anyone has earned the right to enjoy those Rubios tacos it's you. By the way what's your favorite salsa from Rubio's?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...