Frying chicken??????/

No egg or milk unless you live north of the Mason-Dixon line. For one chicken put a cup and a quarter of flour in a brown paper bag, add salt and pepper to taste, add chicken a couple of pieces at a time, shake until coated with flour, and fry.

Old school :D I'll go with this one, for now.

Thanks for replys and happy eating!!

If you want it juicy and you have some time, place the chicken pieces in salted water for about three hours or so, then pat dry very lightly. Then put the chicken in buttermilk, followed by the flour. I've found that if you add some cayenne pepper to the flour along with salt and pepper the chicken has some serious zing to it.

If you want it juicy and you have some time, place the chicken pieces in salted water for about three hours or so, then pat dry very lightly. Then put the chicken in buttermilk, followed by the flour. I've found that if you add some cayenne pepper to the flour along with salt and pepper the chicken has some serious zing to it.

Now, that sounds yummmmmmmmmy!!

If you want it juicy and you have some time, place the chicken pieces in salted water for about three hours or so, then pat dry very lightly. Then put the chicken in buttermilk, followed by the flour. I've found that if you add some cayenne pepper to the flour  along with salt and pepper the chicken has some serious zing to it.

My grandmother skipped the saline solution and soaked the bird overnight in buttermilk. Then she did flour, Lawry's seasoning salt, and pepper and used a deep-fryer (a crucial piece of equipment if you want quality fried foods - pan-frying ain't the same, nor is it as good.) and Crisco (shotening, not oil).

That was the best fried chicken in the history of the world.

If you want it juicy and you have some time, place the chicken pieces in salted water for about three hours or so, then pat dry very lightly. Then put the chicken in buttermilk, followed by the flour. I've found that if you add some cayenne pepper to the flour  along with salt and pepper the chicken has some serious zing to it.

My grandmother skipped the saline solution and soaked the bird overnight in buttermilk. Then she did flour, Lawry's seasoning salt, and pepper and used a deep-fryer (a crucial piece of equipment if you want quality fried foods - pan-frying ain't the same, nor is it as good.) and Crisco (shotening, not oil).

That was the best fried chicken in the history of the world.

Next time you make some let me know.

Mine turned out good, but nothing special. I burnt it just a little.

I'll definitely use the other recipes soon.

How about the 'range chickens' you can get now?? Don't all the missing hormones and antibiotics make it taste funny?

With your health in mind I left out a crucial ingredient: bacon fat to fry in. Yummy but deadly. I use olive oil.

When I came to the U.S. I had never had fried chicken. They didn't have, or do it in England.

So I thought I'd see what the fuss was about.

Got some chicken, plopped some butter in a pan

Fried it for about 5 mins.. just like an egg.. which was just about all I'd ever fried before

Ate it.. or at least tried to.. raw chicken is tough to swallow

Thought all you Fried Chicken eaters were nuts.

With your health in mind I left out a crucial ingredient: bacon fat to fry in. Yummy but deadly. I use olive oil.

No bacon grease laying around. :D

For years now, the only fried foods I've eaten are oysters(in olive oil) and the occasional chicken. Very, very little red meat and no fast food. Freezer is usually full of fish(Dorado, Yellowfin and Yahoo) I bring back from Mexico and San Diego long range trips and of course salmon.

Crisco may be what I try next. It just sounds right. :)

If you want perfect moist tender chicken then hit the grill and go the beer can chicken route. Season a full chicken w/olive oil, onion powder, little chili powder & some garlic. Take a 16 oz can of beer...pour half of it into a pie tin and poke holes with a can opener around the top of the can. Heat the coals and then spread them around the perimeter of the pie tin. Ram the half-full can of beer up ye 'ol chicken and stand it right up on its legs on the grill above the pie tin. Toss a bit of hickory chips on the coals, close the cover and give it about 1hr 15 min using indirect heat. Beer helps steam it from the inside. The best.

After I dine at Sangrey's I'll be over at your place. :P

When I came to the U.S. I had never had fried chicken. They didn't have, or do it in England.

So I thought I'd see what the fuss was about.

Got some chicken, plopped some butter in a pan

Fried it for about 5 mins.. just like an egg.. which was just about all I'd ever fried before

Ate it.. or at least tried to.. raw chicken is tough to swallow

Thought all you Fried Chicken eaters were nuts.

I assume by now you've already figured out where you went wrong. :lol:

If you want perfect moist tender chicken then hit the grill and go the beer can chicken route. Season a full chicken w/olive oil, onion powder, little chili powder & some garlic. Take a 16 oz can of beer...pour half of it into a pie tin and poke holes with a can opener around the top of the can. Heat the coals and then spread them around the perimeter of the pie tin. Ram the half-full can of beer up ye 'ol chicken and stand it right up on its legs on the grill above the pie tin. Toss a bit of hickory chips on the coals, close the cover and give it about 1hr 15 min using indirect heat. Beer helps steam it from the inside. The best.

can you provide us with some visual aids?