What about images within a post?

Dan Gould

I was trying to have some fun with the fact that Greg is now homeless, but while I see that avatar images can be used, I can't seem to link images?

Or am I missing something?

And finally to answer your question just be sure to include the http:// prefix before the URL of your image.

Well, the error message I get is something about "dynamic pages" in the image code or something.

I tried linking from AAJ and then I uploaded the image to photovillage, won't work from either one. ARGH! You guys 'd be laughing but I can't make it work!

I knew I had those URLs saved from a post over at AAJ. It appears the image-posting is the same for here, AAJ, and the late BNBB. Right-click on a image, go to properties, then select and copy the URL, then paste it into the IMG prompter.

I think the reason it's not working for Dan is because the picture he's trying to link is embedded within a php page. I went over to AAJ and tried to link one of the Rick Wakeman pictures. When I checked to properties, the photo address was listed as:

http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/attachment....?s=&postid=6358

This is why he's getting the dynamic page error. If you look at the link, you see there is no file extension (such as .jpg or .gif). That's why it's not working. B3-er's photo from ebay has the file extension at the end:

http://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/homepage/v2/l...ogo_171x102.gif

That's an advantage AAJ has (but I like it here anyway). They'll host your photo for you. You don't need an external host. Unfortunately, the web server would fill up too quickly if we did it here.

I wish I had a solution for you, Dan. Sorry!

Edited by AfricaBrass

You can host images here too. Use the "File Attachments" thingy below where you type your post in.

So, Dan, if you want to post an image from AAJ, save that image to your computer first by right clicking and choosing "Save As" (for Windows) and then attach it to your message. As long as it's under 512k, you'll be fine!

:)

Thanks B3-er!

There's another board that I frequent. It's called the Fender Discussion Pages. It's for guitar players. They were started in a manner similar to this board. Just a bunch of Fender guitar fans. One way they have generated money is they allow members to contribute through Paypal. So if bandwidth becomes a problem, maybe that would be a solution.

Fender Discussion Pages

According to my server dude, the only way bandwidth will become a problem is if we start trading MP3s! :) He said text should not be an issue.

The only way we could trade MP3s is if I opened up the limit on the attachments, which I'm not going to do. You can't get much of an MP3 in 100k!

And like I said, if people start to abuse it by posting naked chicks or something (not that naked chicks aren't cool, it's just not what this board is about) then I'll disable it.

Best way to support this board* in a monetary way: Buy the CD! :g

*no purchase necessary to use this board! :)