New Mosaic Selects

Dang it Stefan! Between your sound endorsement and Kevin's revelation that the stereo version of On the Scene is used, I'll have to get this set sometime in the next few months. Here I was thinking I'd just ignore this one as I did the Moncur (for different reasons as well as the same reasons.)

I pre-ordered the Bennie Green Set and can't wait to receive it! Haven't checked mail yet, but can't wait to hear "Congo Lament" and rest of package! "Soul Stirrin'" Conn was real tasty - bet the rest of this Mosaic Select is kick-butt too! Probably will have to spring for the Weston eventually. Hope the Green set arrives today or tomorrow for the long weekend!

BTW - Hope everyone here at Organissimo BB has a nice, SAFE, HAPPY, MUSICAL, Memorial Day weekend!

I need help with the Green set. I have the TOCJ 45 Session and the Soul Stirrin Conn and love them. Is it worth the ££ for the remaining 2 and half sessions? AMG doesnt rate the Quebec session. Is this fair?

Like wise I have the Weston Highlife/Uhuru Roulette disc. The first session isn't my idea of fun, the second is a lot better. The sound on this disc isn't exactly great. How does the rest of the Mosaic Weston measure up and how is the sound compared to the earlier CD reissue I have.

Clunky, the rest of the Weston set is different from the cd you have. . . smaller groups, less overtly "African." I think you would dig it. Just my hunch.

Also, if you like the Green that you have, you'll like the remainding material. The work is consistently of a high level, and though the Quebec session is a mite different, it's not different in quality, just more conventionally a contemporaneous Blue Note recording. . . .

Edited by jazzbo