• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee,

Haven't you noticed....

The Pistons are the champs.....

The Pistons almost always keep anybody under 100 ppg..   :g  :cool:

During the regular season, the Pistons held opponents to 89.5 ppg

During the regular season, the Spurs held opponents to 88.4 ppg

There you have it. The Pistons would have locked the Suns down with that stifling defense.

Gee,

Haven't you noticed....

The Pistons almost always keep anybody under 100 ppg..  :g  :cool:

There you have it. The Pistons would have locked the Suns down with that stifling defense.

??? The Spurs have an even more stifling defense than the Pistons (playing much tougher opponents than the Pistons) and still gave up 15-16 ppg more against the Suns than normal. Why would the Pistons be different?

Guy

Gee,

Haven't you noticed....

??? The Spurs have an even more stifling defense than the Pistons (playing much tougher opponents than the Pistons) and still gave up 15-16 ppg more against the Suns than normal. Why would the Pistons be different?

Guy

BECAUSE: the Spurs "ran" with the Suns who did not play defense. The Pistons play defense and the Spurs will not be a running team against them. And why are we discussing the Suns, they no longer count. :excited:

Gee,

Haven't you noticed....

Guy

Even if the Suns scored 104ppg against the Pistons, why wouldn't the Pistons simply outscore them like the Spurs did?

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of unrelated, but who is coming up with this "Phil Jackson might coach the Knicks next year" crap?  How much did Isiah Thomas pay Jackson for that meeting?  Jackson has a higher likelihood of coaching an NHL team than coaching the Knicks.

Guy

WRONG!!

Phil Jackson's playing career went through New York and they won championships in the duration. He has strong ties to the Knicks. (to answer your question, I don't know who started it)

He would be a bigger fool to go BACK to the Lakers after they turned him down on an extension and resign. AND....... there is another factor..... and it is not Jeannie Buss......hope he does not subject himself to all the crud because of his affection for her; there are better coaching situations available to him. If he comes back to LA, wins a title, they will just can him again period.

B-)

Thank god for the search function... Jackson back as Lakers coach

Bewildering! If Phil had simply been kept in the first place, we'd still have Shaq. Also, Phil has the best winning percentage of any coach in history, I'm shocked he would risk it to rejoin the Lakers. Maybe he knows something we don't!

Good news overall! :tup

Bewildering!  If Phil had simply been kept in the first place, we'd still have Shaq.  Also, Phil has the best winning percentage of any coach in history, I'm shocked he would risk it to rejoin the Lakers.  Maybe he knows something we don't!

Kobe had a personality transplant

Bewildering!  If Phil had simply been kept in the first place, we'd still have Shaq.  Also, Phil has the best winning percentage of any coach in history, I'm shocked he would risk it to rejoin the Lakers.  Maybe he knows something we don't!

Kobe had a personality transplant

If Kobe knows what's best for Kobe, I hope you're right.

Jackson - 3 years for around $30 million. Money talks. He doesn't have to win, but he can spend the money. Course, health-wise, maybe he'll be dead before 3 years.

Shaq wants the MONEY too. After his last year in Miami at $30 million, let's see how happy he is, if there's no extention with at least $25/year (for 3 years).

Okay here is a stretch,

I thought Jeannie Buss was not a factor (Phil's girlfriend) but maybe I was way off on that concept.

With Jeannie's latest TV appearances she has constantly stated she was looking for a diamond ring for her finger (wedding). Jerry Buss does not have a son. They did not want to extend Phil's last contract. They did not want to give him part of the franchise.

But.......

If Phil returns to Lakers and marries Jeannie (they are serious), he becomes heir apparent to the Buss fortune. OR at least when/if Jerry passes (he is not in the best of health), Jeannie will make him Chief Executive Officer but since he will be married in California, COMMUNITY PROPERTY, duh!!

Bruce

<_<

Edited by BruceW

Okay here is a stretch,

I thought Jeannie Buss was not a factor (Phil's girlfriend) but maybe I was way off on that concept.

With Jeannie's latest TV appearances she has constantly stated she was looking for a diamond ring for her finger (wedding).  Jerry Buss does not have a son.  They did not want to extend Phil's last contract.  They did not want to give him part of the franchise.

But.......

If Phil returns to Lakers and marries Jeannie (they are serious), he becomes heir apparent to the Buss fortune.  OR at least when/if Jerry passes (he is not in the best of health), Jeannie will make him Chief Executive Officer but since he will be married in California, COMMUNITY PROPERTY, duh!!

Bruce

<_<

Community Property?

Don't get carried away. It's only for your income/earnings while married, not your assets. Phil's not going to outlive Jeannie.

I don't think any other coaching job in the NBA would have paid Phil as much as the Lakers offered.

Nope, Phil will will be entitled to community property unless they sign a prenup.

Unless you are a lawyer in Los Angeles, I will stick with that interpretation that has been defined so many times in Los Angeles courts.

Pistons won tonight.

:D

Okay here is a stretch,

With Jeannie's latest TV appearances she has constantly stated she was looking for a diamond ring for her finger (wedding).  Jerry Buss does not have a son.  They did not want to extend Phil's last contract.  They did not want to give him part of the franchise.

But.......

If Phil returns to Lakers and marries Jeannie (they are serious), he becomes heir apparent to the Buss fortune.  OR at least when/if Jerry passes (he is not in the best of health), Jeannie will make him Chief Executive Officer but since he will be married in California, COMMUNITY PROPERTY, duh!!

Bruce

<_<

Community Property?

Don't get carried away. It's only for your income/earnings while married, not your assets. Phil's not going to outlive Jeannie.

I don't think any other coaching job in the NBA would have paid Phil as much as the Lakers offered.

Is this Tony from Philly??

California law is a b*tch