Three days into the new year

Guest Chaney

I decided to try the yourmusic.com experience on New Year's Eve :party:

I did pick up a few Miles Davis Boxes with that first order - but they don't count. And I'm not counting any of the monthly yourmusic.com shipments. So, I'm 3 days in and my hand is still steady.

Hmmm... do discs that I purchased last year but haven't received yet count?  I'm awaiting an order of Jazz in Paris discs... 

Well, as I did the same, the answer is 'No', they don't count. :winky:

Same goes for a few Mosaics I ordered last year :w

I'm not counting sets that I knew were coming out in 2005 like the Hill, the small group swing etc, etc. I decided to buy them in 2004 and would have if not for Mosaic's release schedule.

Not my fault, so they're logged in 2004.

I hit Borders today to burn a gift card but walked away without anything. Didn't really see much except for another 'One for All' Criss Cross that I don't have. Last Amazon Japan order was 'sprung' from their warehouse on Dec. 29 but that was a 2004 order...so I'm going to sit back & wait 'till that Pepper Select comes out...and of course move in for the kill on a certain eBay cd that'll come due in a short while. Rhymes with 'Fuzzy Days' B-)

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Guest Chaney

As I understand it, you folks could all buy cds for me and be true to your pledge. Contact me for the address.

Sorry Chuck. No can do.

I've decided to adopt Ed's brilliant line of thinking.

If my intent was to make certain music purchases within 2004 but I was stopped / temporarily inhibited from doing so because of finicky release schedules or (somewhat more likely and my variation on Ed's concept) lack of funds (no, not broke, "temporarily inhibited"), I'm allowing myself to make those purchases -- guilt free -- within 2005.

Intent, ladies and gentlemen. Intent.

Yes. I believe I can live with this plan.

You are a man of brilliance, Mr. Swinnich.

I made no pledges, as I am already completely disgusted with myself

and my inability to stop buying music!

I did not want to disappoint myself again this year as I already have low self esteem.

So, I made a purchase from Chuck, Mosaic (the Jazztet and the Woody Herman), and an order from CD Universe, and only three days into the year!

Starting the year with a Bang and now broke but happy!

Plan B - for when I run out of sets that I wanted to buy in 2004 but weren't released yet:

New Batch of RVGs coming out. I pass on all of them since I already have them.

That's 6 x $10 or $60 bucks saved, right?

Do that with the next batch of RVGs and that's $120

So now I've got $120 extra bucks to spend.

Bingo - I bag a Mosaic and haven't spent anything.

Guest Chaney

Are you passing on pre-ordering or ordering? If I were you, I'd determine who has the RVGs at the highest price (Borders, probably. or maybe a retailer in Europe or Japan) and pass or ordering from them.