Venus CDs

mikeweil

If you buy one $22 Venus from Cadence and they ship to Germany, you'll pay about $28 versus a total of $33 from Amazon Japan. But, if you buy 2 from Cadence, you'll drop $59........just about the same as Amazon JP would hit you for. Then again, maybe you'd opt to buy the $20 cds? ...so you'll have to re-work the math. B-)

Yeah, I know they don't carry everything- I meant in general.  As far as mini LP's, you mean you'd rather order from Japan at $30+ (?) for a mini LP even if you could get the same title for $20 in a jewel case?  Just curious...

Actually, with Venus titles, the mini-lps cost less than the jewel-boxes.

B00005QWN6.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

NY Trio 'Blues in the Night'

TKCV-35154 (mini-lp) ï¿¥2,375 = $22.95.

TKCV-35097 (jewel) ï¿¥2,661 = $25.72

So, if the choice is the mini-lp or the Cadence jewel for $20, I'm likely to go for the mini-lp and pay a few extra bucks. You wanna make something of it? :g

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Yeah, I know they don't carry everything- I meant in general. As far as mini LP's, you mean you'd rather order from Japan at $30+ (?) for a mini LP even if you could get the same title for $20 in a jewel case? Just curious...

Hiroshi doesn't charge $30 for a mini lp. That's why we generally order from him. Also, as a loyal customer, he will go out of his way to find some things that are generally OOP. I don't normally buy that many Venuses but if I'm putting in an order for other material, I might add in a Venus. However, a lot of the Venuses I've purchased I found locally for $20. The guy just happened to have them.

'Cause Cadence doesn't have certain titles like One For All's 'No Problem", Hick's 'Moanin', etc...........nor any mini-lps.

I'm surprised to hear that.

I bought No Problem from Cadence & it's still in their center section list.

Years ago I used to buy the mini-LPs, but at $19 apiece (I'm a subscriber - $1/CD discount) I'm sticking with the jewel cases now. It's true that Cadence doesn't carry the mini-LPs.

Edited by jlhoots