Manhattan Latin

baryshnikov

:D What a great album Manhattan Latin is, just played it after 4 years, sounds good still.Although Sandunga is rated as the best track, i prefer La Playa as its really strong, and you can tap your feet along with the rhythm. Also Aphrodite as it has a moody undertone, that keeps you listening, anybody have any thoughts on this super little album?

:D Will try new album as you kindly suggested. I was very lucky recently, as i have had three copies of Manhattan latin, idearly wanted another one in good condition. CD is good though, but a friend said he had a copy to sell in mint condition [promo] for £30. I thought it must be worn a little, but i was amazed when i looked at it, absolutely mint and promo too, came from radio station in states. so i quickly jumped on it,as you rarely find records in that condition, and it costs £150 here, niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

;) Another often overlooked album is Herbie mann's Monday night at the Village gate. , which features a great line up, Dave Pike, Chick Corea, Carlos Patato Valdez, full on latin, with the live audience getting right into it. I love the tune by Atilla zoller, In Escambrun, swings along taking all and sundry with it. does anyone rate this nice little lp,paul from London

;) Another often overlooked album is Herbie mann's Monday night at the Village gate.

I grew up with that album at my cousin's house in the 60's. It was one of the records that all the teenagers would dance to along with the Stax sides they had. It still has a nice groove to it!

Away From The Crowd / Motherless Child / In Escambrun / The Young Turks / You're Gonna Make It With Me

Featuring:

Chick Corea, Dave Pike, Bruno Carr

• 1 year later...