The new "Pay-It-Forward" Music Giveaway Thread!!&#33

I was going to put this in the Offering section, but what the hey, I'll just Pay it Forward:

Herb Ellis, Roll Call on Justice Records.

Mel Rhyne on organ here, and fair warning: Johnny Frigo is on violin. But trust me when I say this is a very fine CD, with Ellis giving some of his nicest blues-oriented performances I've heard (and while I'm not a big violin fan, Frigo sounds perfectly fine to me). Its also the first time Ellis recorded with an organ.

I talked myself into buying this yesterday and of course discovered that I already have it as soon as I got home. So my misfortune can be someone else's gain. That's how kharma works, right? ;)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan,

is it good Kharma if I take this.... :rolleyes:

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT what I can additionally offer to the board is Along came Jones - New York Connexion (with Eubanks, Allen, Locke and more)

e632310f0qv.jpg

Edited by tjobbe

Hi Dan,

is it good Kharma if I take this.... :rolleyes:

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT what I can additionally offer to the board is Along came Jones - New York Connexion (with Eubanks, Allen, Locke and more)

e632310f0qv.jpg

Send me a PM with your address and its yours.

Guest Chaney

Adding one more CD for give-away:

Hannes Wienert / Peter Niklas Wilson - "Alphea" (Leo). This is fantastic music that deserves to be heard by more people.

GADS David! I hope that's an extra.

Wonderful stuff, peeps! ^_^

I have an extra (sealed) copy of...

leol040.gif

The Soegaard Ensemble: Chronox

Jan Krogh, trumpet; Steffen Poulsen, alto saxophone, computer programming; Frederik Soegaard, guitar, soundprocessing, fractal computer program; Frank Jensen, piano; Lars Juul, percussion.

Paradox 2 (05.26)

Chronon (07.58)

Zig zag (01.19)

Position: horizontal (08.03)

Position: vertical (08.06)

...zag zig (01.17)

Neon (06.54)

Paradox 1 (07.01)

Position (live version) (16.09)

Recorded May/June 1997 at DRH Studios.

... if anyone would like to have it.

Edited by Chaney

I'm offering Andrew Hill, "Grass Roots"

It's an extra copy.  There are a few scuff marks which do not affect play.

Can I have that one please?

pm your address, please.

Going abroad, right? I'll mail it sans jewelcase.

I'll send it on Saturday when I have time to go to the post office and complete the custom's form. What should I put for "value," $80? ;):lol:

Hannes Wienert / Peter Niklas Wilson - "Alphea" (Leo). This is fantastic music that deserves to be heard by more people.

Wow! I'd love to have that one.

To my prior offerings (Ahmad's Blues and Antiguo), which are still available, I'll add:

STILL AVAILABLE Roy Hargrove - Habana

TAKEN Joe Henderson - Big Band

Edited by indigo

Wow! I'd love to have that one.

To my prior offerings (Ahmad's Blues and Antiguo), which are still available, I'll add:

Roy Hargrove - Habana

Joe Henderson - Big Band

You got it.

Yipee! :excited: What a great way to start Tuesday morning!

I'll be replying to your PM shortly.

Thanks,

indigo

You guys are some adventurous bunch.

Here is one more for ya:

Myra Melford / Han Bennink - "Eleven Ghosts" (hatOLOGY). Still sealed. Some of the best Bennink around (meaning some of the best drumming ever recorded).

Warning: I won't be able to make any shipments till early April.

At the risk of looking like a greedy pig (I'll live with it -- love Bennink!) . . . may I have that one also? On the plus side, it'll save you postage. :)

indigo

Here is one more for ya:

Myra Melford / Han Bennink - "Eleven Ghosts" (hatOLOGY). Still sealed. Some of the best Bennink around (meaning some of the best drumming ever recorded).

At the risk of looking like a greedy pig (I'll live with it -- love Bennink!) . . . may I have that one also? On the plus side, it'll save you postage. :)

indigo

indigo, if you don't mind, I'd give some other poster an opportunity to get this one. If nobody takes it by Sunday, it's yours.

Understand. That's fine.

Here is one more for ya:

I'd love to jump on this one! Haven't heard any Bennick, but the raves of others.

Ahmad Jamal - Ahmad's Blues

Is this one still available?

I can pay it forward with...

390266.jpg

It's yours! (Available with or without jewel case.)

Could we do an exchange? I was just looking at the "five favorite piano players" thread, which made me think of Ray Bryant and reminded me that I've been intending to pick up Somewhere in France.

Please send PM or email with details.

indigo

I'd be interested in the Henderson Big Band!

The Miles left today - please tell me when you get it! (Same for the BFT - I've had some packages lost on their way to the US, so I'm back to confirming that I sent and to checking arrival of each and every package again...)

I'd be interested in the Henderson Big Band!

The Miles left today - please tell me when you get it! (Same for the BFT - I've had some packages lost on their way to the US, so I'm back to confirming that I sent and to checking arrival of each and every package again...)

"Qiao miao," as we say in these parts. After cranking out a particularly troublesome document, I decided to rest my eyeballs by checking in with this thread. Just as I was reading your post, my secretary walked in with the BFT. So, yes, it's here. And so is Ornette Coleman's birthday -- my ears are glued to WKCR for the 24-hour marathon. But I'll pop the disc into my walkman for the ride home. I've been good and haven't looked at the discussion yet.

The Joe Henderson Big Band is yours! It will go out at the end of this week or early next week -- I'll let you know when I've mailed it. In the meantime, please send me your address -- part of the return address on the BFT envelope isn't clear.

updating my list of items available:

Joe Henderson - Big Band

Gonzalo Rubalcaba - Antiguo

Roy Hargrove's Crisol - Habana

Steve Lacy and Roswell Rudd - Monk's Dream

...and I would be interested in the Steve Lacy if it's still available!

Mark

You got it! Please send me your address and I'll mail the disc late this week or early next.