Could you finish this?

Even though consumers are increasingly opting for healthier foods these days, some people still prefer good ol' fatty standards such as burgers, cheese, french fries, and ice cream. And as long as customers want those things, some eateries will attempt to attract their business by offering larger portions of them than the next guy.

One extreme in the big burger business is represented by Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Pennsylvania, which offers several varieties of "large" for the extreme burger enthusiast: a 2-pound Challenger, a 3-pound Baby Boy, and, as displayed in the pictures shown above, a 6-pound Ye Olde 96er (so named because it contains 96 ounces of meat).

As advertised on the pub's web site, a 96er sells for $23.95 and includes the following fixings and condiments:

Two whole tomatoes

A half-head of lettuce

12 slices of American cheese

A full cup of peppers

Two entire onions

A river of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard

Denny's (not to be confused with the national chain restaurants of the same name) offers prizes for customers who can completely consume one of their big burgers within three hours: a T-shirt, certificate, and 50% discount for anyone who finishes a Challenger (2 lb. burger) within an hour; a T-shirt, certificate, and 100% discount for anyone who can polish off a Baby Boy (3 lb. burger) in 90 minutes or less; and something special for anyone who manages the unthinkable and puts away a whole 96er (6 lb. burger) in under three hours.

Update: In January 2005, a 100-pound woman became the first person to win the Denny's Beer Barrel Pub challenge when 19-year-old Kate Stelnick of Princeton, New Jersey, downed a six-pound Denny's "96er" hamburger and five pounds of fixins' in 2 hours and 54 minutes, just shy of the three-hour time limit. For her trouble, Ms. Stelnick got a special certificate, a T-shirt, and other prizes, as well as having her tab for the $23.95 burger picked up by the house.

This woman did.

The only person who has.

In January 2005, a 100-pound woman became the first person to win the Denny's Beer Barrel Pub challenge when 19-year-old Kate Stelnick of Princeton, New Jersey, downed a six-pound Denny's "96er" hamburger and five pounds of fixins' in 2 hours and 54 minutes, just shy of the three-hour time limit...

This woman did.

The only person who has.

Kate Stelnick now has her own website: http://www.geocities.com/katestelnickpage/

According to it, she now weighs 115 pounds. Surely eating that bigass burger could'nt have done that to her.

OR COULD IT????? :rfr:rfr:rfr

She's a pretty girl:

36DivideAndConquer.jpg

But when I was 19, I weighed 145, ate like a pig, and never gained weight.

Then, something went wrong. HORRIBLY wrong...

Kirstie Alley, meet the new kid in town.

I'm skeptical that this woman succeeded in downing this sandwich. It's hard for me to imagine there is space for so monstrous a burger in the average person's abdomen. I wouldn't even try stuffing myself with this; I'd be afraid of permanently displacing vitally important giblets.

The top female finisher at the annual Nathan's hot dog contest ate 20+ dogs in 12 minutes and weighed about 115lbs.

I'm skeptical that this woman succeeded  in downing this sandwich. It's hard for me to imagine there is space for so monstrous a burger in the average person's abdomen.  I wouldn't even try stuffing myself with this; I'd be afraid of permanently displacing vitally important giblets.

The top female finisher at the annual Nathan's hot dog contest ate 20+ dogs in 12 minutes and weighed about 115lbs.

I had a girlfriend years ago who could eat as much as she wanted. She was really cruel to overweight people. Knowing how karma works, I bet she looks like that round blueberry girl from Willy Wonka now. :lol: