7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I ask an amp question here or should we start an amp thread? :D

Has anyone played the little Peavey Classic 30 amp?

I have a Classic 50 410 and like it alot. Very versatile. good clean sound, nice "growl" as well.

It's too big. I would like to have a smaller, more portable amp but don't want to give up that good sound. How does the Classic 30 compare to the "big boys?"

(I have played through a 212 model as well.)

Edited by scottb

No problem. I have a Peavey Delta Blues (a 1-15) that I keep at the rehearsal space at Jim's. I sometimes use that on the more laid back gigs. For the other stuff, I use a Boss GT-6 floor unit as my pre-amp, which goes stereo out to a Carvin dual channel 50 watt tube amp, and into a Butler 2X12 cabinet. I also have a Fender Champ at home, although I almost always play acoustically at home, even if I'm playing my Ibanez.

What are you, a gearhead or something? ;)

Hofner Jazzica Classic

Ibanez Artist

Wechter Pathmaker (nylon string)

and of course, Epiphone Alleycat, as soon as it arrives.

I still have my foist guitar, an Alverez steel string acoustic, bought new in 1978.

I still have my foist guitar, an Alverez steel string acoustic, bought new in 1978.

My foist was a cheap Decca nylon string (classical) purchased for my older sister (who never learned to play it) in the late '60's and immediately commandeered by me. :rolleyes: Since it WAS my first guitar, I tried to donate it to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland but, for some mysterious reason known only to them, they weren't interested. :wacko:

I was going to ask the string question as well. I was looking last night at musicians friend at the flatwound strings they had. I can't find flatwound strings where I live so I'll have to order them.

Will probably put 12s in the Broadway and 11s in the Cort.

My standard string are GHS nickle rockers. I like their mellow tone, even the wound stings are smooth right out of the box. D'Addarios always seemed to bright for a while. I used to keep the wound strings and only replace the others to avoid the breakin period.

Joe, here's a REAL gearhead question for you :g (or anyone else who cares to answer)--what kind of strings do you use for your jazz guitars? I was thinking of picking up some D'Addario Chrome 11's for the new Agile Cool Cat.

I've been using D'Addario Chrome 10s on my Gibson and Epiphone. If I stick with it, maybe my hands will be strong enough for 11z by Summer.

GHS sucks!

I don't like the boomers AT ALL but I like the Nickle rockers and if you say that they suck again we're gonna have a problem. More specifically, YOU are going to have a problem! :bwallace:

(that's the great thing about the internet, I can play the tough guy because Michigan is a long way from me :D Although sizewise I think we may be pretty good matchup.)