The guitar corner

7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a stupid question:  They make fretless basses.  Do they make fretless guitars?

7/4 has one. So does Metheny. So, yes!

So soes Belew, Vai, Satriani and McLaughlin. On his Grammy winning Imaganary Day, Metheny played his classical fretless.

Edited by 7/4

I can't find anything that tells about the body style. Is it a semi- or hollowbody?

I believe it's a semi-hollowbody. One way that I know the difference (from a picture alone) is because Gibson (and Epiphone) doesn't put the stop tailpiece on fully hollow guitars. Hollow guitars come with trapeze tailpieces. Since this has the stop tailpiece I believe it's a semi. Also, you can check Epiphone's website.

At least that's what I've been told.

This might be a good beater guitar for you, Joe. :tup

That's what I'm thinking...

Cool!

If you decide you're interested, I'd act quickly. I don't know how long this deal will last.

Here's a link to the thread at Harmony-Central.com where I found out about this special. I believe some have already ordered them and have posted info and pictures.

Harmony Central Epiphone AlleyKat thread

You should also check the eq. reviews by manufacturer at Harmony Central.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data...ley-Kat-01.html

Keeping in mind, you never know how much experience the reviewer has.

Some reviewers at H/C like to review their new guitar right after they purchased it. You've got to be careful about this.

Also, the Musicians Friend page for this guitar has reviews by purchasers. They look pretty positive.

I'm like a little Devil on your shoulder... sorry. :(

When I was initially looking for a jazz guitar I passed on these because they weren't full size which is EXACTLY why I would pick this up if I needed one. My Broadway is just too big for me to paly comfortably for very long.

I didn't realize these things were loaded with such nice hardware. Gibson pickups and Grover tuners. Like one reviewer said, That alone is $250 bucks and you're getting the rest of the guitar for $50.

My tax return should be in the mailbox any day now... :w

Three gigs would pay for this guitar... :w

Exactly! Three gigs, man!!! DO IT, JOE! DO IT, JOE!

Ha! I'm the worst when it comes to this stuff. Mr. Impulse, that's me. Like that PR40 cabinet I just bought. I saw it on eBay and said "Come to papa!" :) But hey, it was a killer deal.