Kind Of Blue

Jazz Kat

Which Kind Of Blue Track you like the most  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of it. Beginning to end

You know this album is very popular, always in the top ten of the greatest albums of all time (in any category).

For me it is a very good album and it has gone down in jazz folklaw.

I have not played the album for some time, and maybe the success and hype of this album, has been a factor in some people not moving beyond this seminal jazz album to explore the board church that is jazz?

Che.

QUOTE (che @ Mar 12 2005, 04:46 PM)

jazz folklaw.

huh?

Jazz folklaws n.

1) jazz folkbills that have been passed by the jazz folkcongress.

2) the appendages on the front paws of a jazztiger (ant. - jazz hindklaws)

3) a less than successful musical benefit intended to help clothe the homeless

v.

1) when the bank regains possesion of a jazz musicians house. See jazz folklawsure

QUOTE (che @ Mar 12 2005, 04:46 PM)

jazz folklaw.

huh?

Jazz folklaws n.

1) jazz folkbills that have been passed by the jazz folkcongress.

2) the appendages on the front paws of a jazztiger (ant. - jazz hindklaws)

3) a less than successful musical benefit intended to help clothe the homeless

v.

1) when the bank regains possesion of a jazz musicians house. See jazz folklawsure

Say goodnight, Gracie. :lol::lol::lol:

I voted for 'All Blues'. The word 'glacial' sums it up well for me. Funnily enough though, this is far from my favourite Miles LP. I would put quite a few others ahead of it, including ESP, Bitches Brew, Milestones, Filles and most of the Prestiges..

Edited by sidewinder

Just a sec while I don my flak-jacket........

Cannonball Adderley spoils this album for me.....

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

I think the contrasting styles/ timbres of the three horns is what makes KOB (and Milestones, which IMHO is every bit as good as KOB) so consistently engaging. Actually, KOB is what converted me into a Cannonball fan for life. :g

Don't get me wrong. The album is a gem. Not my fave Miles by a long stretch; I enjoy Evans' playing more on this date anyhow and Blue In Green (without Adderley) is a peach, but I do think it would've worked better as a quintet date.

Just my two bob.

I think everybody was superb. I remember when I was real little, determining when Trane stopped and Adderly came in to solo. Those were the days. :P

Me, too!!! This disc was my first real jazz education; up until I heard this disc, I really didn't know what the difference was between a tenor sax and an alto sax. (Only in my case, I wasn't so little! :winky: )

I think everybody was superb. I remember when I was real little, determining when Trane stopped and Adderly came in to solo. Those were the days.  :P

Me, too!!! This disc was my first real jazz education; up until I heard this disc, I really didn't know what the difference was between a tenor sax and an alto sax. (Only in my case, I wasn't so little! :winky: )

My first jazz disk ever. Got it on Easter Sunday. How my mom knew to pick out that disk, the single most revolutionary album in the jazz world, it's beyond me, but I am grateful for it. Kind Of Blue started it all for me. Met Evans, Adderly, Cobb, and Chambers for the first time with this recording. Such memories, though only about 10 years ago. :g

My first jazz disk ever. Got it on Easter Sunday. How my mom knew to pick out that disk, the single most revolutionary album in the jazz world, it's beyond me, but I am grateful for it. Kind Of Blue started it all for me. Met Evans, Adderly, Cobb, and Chambers for the first time with this recording. Such memories, though only about 10 years ago. :g

How? May I suggest that it is probably the starting point for virtually everybody new to jazz? You should thank her