Robert Blake walks

From the NYT:

No eyewitnesses, blood or DNA evidence linked Blake to the crime. The murder weapon, found in a trash bin, could not be traced to Blake, and witnesses said the minuscule amounts of gunshot residue found on Blake's hands could have come from a different gun he said he carried for protection.

So, basically the prosecution had people who claimed that Blake discussed having his wife killed, but couldn't make any connection to the crime other than the circumstantial evidence and the fact that it wasn't exactly a strong marriage. I tend to agree with Allen - the prosecution didn't have much of a case and apparently they couldn't push the ball past "beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt".

I'm 100% with Dan on this.

Not to mention that the two main "people who claimed Blake discussed having his wife killed" were a paranoid delusional coke addict and a paranoid delusional meth addict, both of whom have other proceedings pending against them in the same jurisdiction...

Not to mention that the two main "people who claimed Blake discussed having his wife killed" were a paranoid delusional coke addict and a paranoid delusional meth addict, both of whom have other proceedings pending against them in the same jurisdiction...

I think a bunch of us know "these guys". Want your life in their hands?

I haven't been following the trial, but I can see where they would have a problem with that.

From the NYT:

No eyewitnesses, blood or DNA evidence linked Blake to the crime. The murder weapon, found in a trash bin, could not be traced to Blake, and witnesses said the minuscule amounts of gunshot residue found on Blake's hands could have come from a different gun he said he carried for protection.

So, basically the prosecution had people who claimed that Blake discussed having his wife killed, but couldn't make any connection to the crime other than the circumstantial evidence and the fact that it wasn't exactly a strong marriage. I tend to agree with Allen - the prosecution didn't have much of a case and apparently they couldn't push the ball past "beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt".

I'm 100% with Dan on this.

I was just joking around earlier. :P

If I'd have actually been on the jury, I probably wouldn't have been able to find him guilty either.

He's definitely guilty of bad acting as a little kid in the Our Gang comedies, but I think there was too much that you could reasonably doubt in this case.

Blake said this cost him ten millon dollars in attorneys fees and that he is now broke and needing a job but I imagine he's pretty much damaged goods in Hollywood.

There's always promo for books and Larry King and the Today show and all the rest...

I think a bunch of us know "these guys". Want your life in their hands?

No, but until 2008.... :w