What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a pretty good wrap-up. Left a few threads hanging (for next season?)

rose_byrne_2.jpg

I feel like she's looking down on me.

They managed to tie everything up quite well. The Pattie flashbacks were unexpected and maybe they could have shot them with a little more care, they looked thrown together. Slimey Lenny lives to scam another day , maybe leaving the door open for season four.

How are we going to get by without weekly postings of Ellen ?

Winding down after a gig with the second-ever episode of Saturday Night Live. Paul Simon was the host, and the Not Ready For Prime Time Players are hardly on camera. It's Paul Simon's show - there are a few comedy skits, but the show is mostly music. Randy Newman does a wonderful solo "Sail Away." My favorite moment is when Art Garfunkel comes out; Simon says, "So, Artie - you've come crawling back," and they sing beautiful renditions of "The Boxer" and "Scarborough Fair."

Watched the new episode of Breaking Bad last night. A good one.

You can say that again! More than once during this series I found myself asking, "How long are they going to be able to keep this thread of the story going?" and then they throw in a new spin. Now the cat unknowingly becomes a mouse. Great series!

Edited by mikelz777

Just found out about Corner Gas, an amusing series set in Saskatchewan and actually mostly shot on location there (fairly rare for CTV). I've been Netflixing it.

Also, coming this weekend from Netflix is the first disc of the English-language episodes of Maldugi Days (indeed a filmed version of Narayan's short stories).

Now if the question is what are you going to watch, then June 24, Comedy Central has new episodes of Futurama! With all the original voice talent! Yea!! Never thought this day would come.

And in August, Max Headroom arrives on DVD. Talk about a long time coming. No idea what will be on there, but they say there will be plenty of bonus content, and it is supposedly a 5 DVD disc so they might have the British movie that kicked this off (ideally all the UK shows but that's unlikely), maybe even the Art of Noise video, probably a making of, commentaries, etc. I'll come back and fill in when more is revealed.

The X-Files (Season 1)

-They've added the entire series to Netflix Instant, so I guess I'll be busy for awhile. LOL

Yes!!! I've been waiting for this; I've only seen a couple of episodes, as I wanted to watch it from the beginning. Thanks for the tip!

Missed it Sunday but watched the latest "Breaking Bad" on On Demand. It was another good one. Who was it who called Hank warning him there were two men coming to kill him?

A lot of people seem to think it was Mike, the PI/fixer guy. On orders from either Gus or Saul. But why would Gus sic the twins on Hank, then warn Hank at the last minute? He wants Hank and the twins to kill each other? I'm not sure.

Missed it Sunday but watched the latest "Breaking Bad" on On Demand. It was another good one. Who was it who called Hank warning him there were two men coming to kill him?

A lot of people seem to think it was Mike, the PI/fixer guy. On orders from either Gus or Saul. But why would Gus sic the twins on Hank, then warn Hank at the last minute? He wants Hank and the twins to kill each other? I'm not sure.

I like the theory that whoever made the call that it came as a result of orders from Gus. The brothers were a definite threat to his interests and were a thorn in his side. Hank was a threat as well and if he and the brothers were to kill each other, it would take care of those threats quite nicely.

Edited by mikelz777