What Are You Watching

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosemary's Baby remake episode 1

Why bother, is the question that first comes to mind.

I almost felt sorry for the miscast Zoe Saldana. Mia Farrow was perfect as Rosemary, exuding a sense of impending dread even in the early parts of the film. Had a couple of obligatory gory scenes to appeal to 21st century sensibilities, and was quite watchable but it's an exercise in futility, some films must not, under any circumstances, be remade!

zoesaldana.jpgrosemarys-baby-3.jpg

Season finale week means I can go back and start watching several series that I skipped during the season because I didn't feel like dealing with commercials, hiatuses and other annoyances that go along with broadcast TV. These days I like to binge watch and having the entire seasons recorded means I can watch them on my schedule, not the damn networks.

Castle

Grimm

Elementary

Bones

The Big Bang Theory

Parenthood

Getting caught up on Fargo (FX series). Really enjoying it.

Lester's brother better call Saul. :P

I thought Freeman's Lester was somewhat unappealing and unconvincing until his transformation into a 'predator' really started to get underway in episode six. Bob Odenkirk's Bill Oswalt felt like Bob Odenkirk dressed up as a police officer until last night he became a part of it all.

And Collin Hanks should have never worked again as an actor based on his work in Dexter season 6, but is doing alright in this particularly limited role fit for a man with a limited amount of facial expressions at his disposal.

Edited by erwbol

91WRQvrXnSL._SL1500_.jpg

All very dark and eerie (Peaky Blinders without the attitude or alternative rock). Apparently lots of complaints about the sound - suspect it's the Irish accents; a recent drama set in Cornwall got a similar reaction. Must be the same buggers who voted UKIP last Thursday whining.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

In The Flesh (BBC). The death returned but now they're cured.

British zombies, also hard to understand, but perhaps the rotters's vocal cords aren't what they used to be. Or could all British be PDS suffering rotters?

dave_1782751c.jpg

Edited by erwbol

Happy Valley BBC 1 - 6

uktv-happy-valley-episode-3.jpg

Superb, one of the best British crime thrillers I've ever seen.

I think I've seen every major BBC and ITV cop thriller going back to Cracker, Morse and beyond, but I can't think of another that bowled me over so completely as Happy Valley.

I needed a little inspirational boost from the life lessons of Jerri Blank, so I've been re-watching Season 1 of Strangers With Candy.

61VB0B2564L._SY300_.jpg

"I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet -- and then I laughed really hard."

Edited by duaneiac