What Are You Watching

I don't watch either of those. Possibly for me the funniest is "Better Off Ted." The second to the last episode was off the wall hilarious.

Just finished watching the dvd that comes with the Neil Young "Living With War -- RAW -- In the Beginning" set. The cd has the album without the choir and a few other production features, which is an interesting way to listen to the album. The DVD shows Neil and Rick and Chad going through the songs for the first time and some great takes, many of which are used on the cd. And it has this really interesting CNN type newscast thing going on, "LWW" instead of "CNN", with the scrolling type, and footage of the Iraq war, Al Gore and "The Inconvenient Truth," Bush and Cheney, etc. Also interesting was a discussion during the recording of needing a real leader now, and Barack Obama is brought up as a possible candidate running in '08 and someone says "He might not be ready" and Neil says something to the effect of "he may be ready, he may know that now is really the time, it's time for action and he should do it."

I really like this and the bonus dvd that came out with the second cd/dvd combo of "Greendale." Neil is making some of the most effective "protest" music in this century in my opinion.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The episode with Teri GArr. . .:) "Assignment Earth."

teri-garrova.jpg

I've said it before, but I jsut can't believe how amazing these Star Trek Blu-Rays look and sound. Incredible!

StarTrekTOS_S2_BLU_flat.jpg

Mad Men episode 6, don't know what she looks like in real life but have they found a way to make Christina Hendricks appetizing.

Apparently she looks pretty good in real life too if she's your type. (Not really MY type. But I think she's a decent actress, I like her in Mad Men and really liked her in Starfly.

christina_hendricks_001_101707.jpg

Watched this dvd again as SyFy was premiering it as the pilot of the new series last night. (I wanted to be out while it was broadcasting, so watched it earlier). I think the series has promise.

caprica.jpg

Started watching Damages Season Two as Season Three is beginning Monday. I didn't have cable when this season was new so I'm getting caught up. Season One, which I watched on Blu-Ray, was INTENSE.

damages-season-2-dvd-2009-14138938.jpeg

Rose Byrne needs to eat!

Started watching Damages Season Two as Season Three is beginning Monday. I didn't have cable when this season was new so I'm getting caught up. Season One, which I watched on Blu-Ray, was INTENSE.

damages-season-2-dvd-2009-14138938.jpeg

Rose Byrne needs to eat!

I just finished watching this season.

Compelling story-telling! Like "Mad Men," thiss is a show that has very few characters that I relate or care for. There are a few though, who are victims of the powerful forces at work. David and Katie Conner I can relate and care for. Gives me an anchor I don't have in Mad Men.

And. . . the writing and the method of delivery. Wow. I just could not STOP watching each of the two seasons. Their method of showing bits and pieces of the denouemant right up front and episode by episode is disconcerting at first but it's done very skillfully.

Season Three starts tomorrow night. I'll be watching.

Edited by jazzbo