Ignore function

scottb

You are right.  What I'm talking about is when the person is put on ignore, then the ignorer goes on line and posts that the ignoree is now on the ignorer's ignore list.

Well that's up to you guys. I think it's lame we even need the function. And for future reference, I will close stupid threads like that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this board have an ignore function and how do you use it?

I've heard peolpe make reference to an ignore function but never paid attention because I thought I'd never have use for it.

Lately, someone has developed cyber diarrhea and I'm tired of stepping in their shit on every thread.  Before I let the evil inside me either eat me alive or explode out on someone else I better start ignoring!

Scottb, I feel your pain and smell the same shit!

Up to now I have managed to mentally obstruct the few obsessive posters but lately there has been a couple of uninteresting and largely ignorant posters who have staged tsunamis of their own.

Never thought I would be using an ignore button on this Board but the need grows more obvious each day!

Brownie, I could not agree more. Just take a deep breath, don't let them bother you and keep making your valuable contributions. :tup

Just wondering why the mod Use3D decided to delete some totally innoffensive and mildly humourous posts (3 I think)?

Unless he thought they weren't innoffensive, in which case I'd like to know for what reason he thought this.

It's obviously OK for some members to exchange ;) and :P almost indefinately throughout threads, but one or two ;);) on my part and they get all :excited: and leave me a bit :huh: .

Maybe it's a ploy to keep turnover of board members high.

I must admit I feel rather uncomfortable reading this and it reminds me of what children get up to in school when they start ignoring people, sending them to 'coventry',forming special groups, picking on the fat kid and all that other bull

There have been several posters I disagree with, some (very few!) who annoy the hell out of me and maybe one or two I always just scroll past ...so what is the big problem.

Gee after all that nonsense last week or so with Aric and then the threats and the 'i'm taking my ball home' stuff I do have to wonder about the attitude I read about.

Get a life, llisten to more jazz and chill

Really :(

What's a good way to start?

:g

Look tony, at least I saved on by quoting it, and now as I quote it again, you have it available twice!

I suppose you should rather have posted then "Thank you for your post, I enjoyed reading it. Tony"-messages, instead of those evil ;):P^_^:mellow::o:D:rolleyes::excited::blink::) things, you know? :g

Does this board have an ignore function and how do you use it?

I've heard peolpe make reference to an ignore function but never paid attention because I thought I'd never have use for it.

Lately, someone has developed cyber diarrhea and I'm tired of stepping in their shit on every thread.  Before I let the evil inside me either eat me alive or explode out on someone else I better start ignoring!

Scottb, I feel your pain and smell the same shit!

Up to now I have managed to mentally obstruct the few obsessive posters but lately there has been a couple of uninteresting and largely ignorant posters who have staged tsunamis of their own.

Never thought I would be using an ignore button on this Board but the need grows more obvious each day!

Brownie, I could not agree more. Just take a deep breath, don't let them bother you and keep making your valuable contributions. :tup

I'm glad I found this thread. Nice to know I'm not the only one who noticed the torrent of vacuous postings from certain quarters. It's also good to see that people have held their tongues -- I've only come across one or two negative comments directed toward the source of the outpourings.

I'm in complete sympathy with scottb and brownie -- it's annoying and a waste of bandwidth. Yet in the end I have to agree with Johnj and Claude. Scrolling past the problem and not responding to the empty babble is probably the best way to discourage this sort of stuff. (And maybe it will help me lift my irritation threshold.)

It's also good to see that people have held their tongues -- I've only come across one or two negative comments directed toward the source of the outpourings.

Those were probably my negative posts and for every one of those, I DIDN'T post 10! That's why I need the ignore function. I don't come here to argue or criticize. So it would be best if I could just ignore posters who bother me and the IGNORE function would help.

What's a good way to start?

Look tony, at least I saved on by quoting it, and now as I quote it again, you have it available twice!

I suppose you should rather have posted then "Thank you for your post, I enjoyed reading it. Tony"-messages, instead of those evil ;):P^_^:mellow::o:D:rolleyes::excited::blink::) things, you know? :g

I can only think of one thing to say to that and that is

:wink:

I must admit I feel rather uncomfortable reading this

What makes me uncomfortable is seeing people look the other way all the time. My shitheaded stoopid mistake for sure, but still uncomfortable. Also amazing that the same people looking the other way seem to be lamenting institutionalising that in an ignore function. Happy dreams and many pink clouds to you.

I must admit I feel rather uncomfortable reading this and it reminds me of what children get up to in school when they start ignoring people, sending them to 'coventry',forming special groups, picking on the fat kid and all that other bull

There have been several posters I disagree with, some (very few!) who annoy the hell out of me and maybe one or two I always just scroll past ...so what is the big problem.

Gee after all that nonsense last week or so with Aric and then the threats and the 'i'm taking my ball home' stuff I do have to wonder about the attitude I read about.

Hey welcome to the world of the 'Untouchables' ;)

Che.

Or maybe this is some kind of 'Alice in Wonderland' reality, in which Alice says 'Curious and more curious', as the blind lead the blind and we all stand around and talk about the 'Mad Hatters tea party'

Che.

:tup

:D

Che.

Bait me, that's a great idea.

I note that you seem to have reduced the number of posts I have have posted, from 1000 plus to just over 800.

I am impressed by the power you have.

Che.

You know back in the days when Stalin was in charge of Russia, he used to have this trick, in which he would airbrush out Trotsky and Lenin and many of the 'old Bolshevik's. So it looked like he was in charge and the leader.

Che.