Media death watches

The Terry Schiavo thing seems to have generated a flood of media death watches (e.g., constant CNN breaking news items on the Pope). It reminds me of the 'Francisco Franco is still dead' skit on Saturday Night Live.

So how many death watches have we got going here? Let's see...

1. The Pope

2. Jerry Falwell

3. Kissinger is in the hospital for some heart surgery - I assume we'll hear more later today.

Any others?

Bertrand.

P.S. A church in DC has already scheduled a mass for when the Pope dies. Reminds me of the 'I'm not quite dead yet' thing in the Holy Grail.

Edited by bertrand

The Terry Schiavo thing seems to have generated a flood of media death watches (e.g., constant CNN breaking news items on the Pope). It reminds me of the 'Francisco Franco is still dead' skit on Saturday Night Live.

1. The Pope

2. Jerry Falwell

3. Kissinger is in the hospital for some heart surgery - I assume we'll hear more later today.

Any others?

Bertrand.

P.S. A church in DC has already scheduled a mass for when the Pope dies. Reminds me of the 'I'm not quite dead yet' thing in the Holy Grail.

...And over here in Europe:

4. Prince Rainier of Monaco

1. The Pope

2. Jerry Falwell

Any others?

Bertrand.

Guess many people have some kind of interest in this sort of thing.

Che.