• paul secor

• The Magnificent Goldberg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Joe Adcock

Mad Men

Little Women

Not to hijack this thread, but a former customer at the post office where I worked told me the story that after WW 2, he was attending LSU and Joe Adcock was his roommate for a year. He said that Joe Adcock was a very nice guy. The customer wasn't the type to b.s., so I believed him.

An eye opener on Joe Adcock in Wikipedia: "Born in Coushatta, the seat of Red River Parish in northwestern Louisiana, Adcock attended Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, where he played on the baseball team; before college, he had never played a game of baseball in his life."

Now, back to:

Joe Adcock

Mad Men

Little Women

My dad had a long-time friendship with a co-worker who grew up in Coushatta with Adcock (or as they called him, "Joe Bill"). We had personal contact with Mr. Adcock, both at home (he raised horses and had a little horse farm in Coushatta) and at a game, maybe 3-4 times in my life, so I grew up thinking that I "knew" Joe Adcock, like that was a big deal. HA! The guy didn't know me or my day unless we were in the company of my dad's friend. My dad, to his credit, was not as phased by the contact as I was, although we did have an autographed ball by the 1957 (or 58, couldn't tell you which) Milwaukee Braves (no Aaron, but Matthews, Spann, Andy Pafko(!), and most of the rest of the team. I may of may not still have that ball.

Now :g, back to:

Joe Adcock

Mad Men

Little Women

47 minutes ago, JSngry said:

My dad had a long-time friendship with a co-worker who grew up in Coushatta with Adcock (or as they called him, "Joe Bill"). We had personal contact with Mr. Adcock, both at home (he raised horses and had a little horse farm in Coushatta) and at a game, maybe 3-4 times in my life, so I grew up thinking that I "knew" Joe Adcock, like that was a big deal. HA! The guy didn't know me or my day unless we were in the company of my dad's friend. My dad, to his credit, was not as phased by the contact as I was, although we did have an autographed ball by the 1957 (or 58, couldn't tell you which) Milwaukee Braves (no Aaron, but Matthews, Spann, Andy Pafko(!), and most of the rest of the team. I may of may not still have that ball.

Now :g, back to:

Joe Adcock

Mad Men

Little Women

Very cool story. :tup Now back again to:

Joe Adcock

Mad Men

Little Women