Problems with Parallactic orders - any comments?

On May 25 I ordered two CD-sets directly from Parallactic and paid for the sets via PayPal. I asked them about the status of my orders by e-mail on June 11 and 17, but so far I haven't heard anything.

Has anyone ever ordered directly from Parallactic? Any comments?

Edited by J.A.W.

• 1 month later...

It's now August 7 and I still haven't received anything. I e-mailed them several times (the last one just went out) but didn't get a satisfactory reply. I paid them via PayPal, and I'm thinking about reporting them, but I'm not so sure that'll do the trick. Any suggestions?

Guest Chaney

What was their reason for taking so long? As you ordered two of their new releases, was it just that they weren't ready to go?

Anyone place an order for something from the back-catalogue and get their order filled in a timely manner?

Troubling stuff. I've been wanting to order the new Sonny Simmons disk but I'm hesitant.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS HAVE TAKEN SUBSTANTIALLY LONGER THAN USUAL SINCE THE ONSET OF WAR.

War is hell. :winky:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From yesterday's DOWNTOWN MUSIC GALLERY e-mailing:

HISTORIC RECORDINGS, REISSUES, RESTOCKS & DVDs for early NOV.:

ANTHONY BRAXTON - Solo [NYC] 2002 (Parallactic 53){2 CD set} Two complete sets of solo alto sax live the NY Society for Ethical Culture's AACM series on May 24th of 2002.  This historic gig was recorded during last year's Vision Festival, but was not a part of that fest.  It was one of last year's most memorable concerts, since visionary composer and pioneering alto sax legend Anthony Braxton played with unlimited resourcefulness for two long sets.  Mr. Braxton plays three standards - Miles' "Tune-Up", Ornette's "Peace" and Coleman Hawkins' ancient chestnut "Body & Soul" and all are done with essence of taste.  This was Mr. Braxton's first concert in many years and all who attended were blessed with his gracious spirit and distinguished performance.  Parallactic label head Brandon Evans will soon disappear & has left us with his last box of these treasures, so this is your last chance...

LTD REISSUE [50 COPIES] MADE ESPECIALLY FOR DMG

2 CD set release for $28.

SONNY SIMMONS - Solo/Out into the Andromeda (Parallactic 2003)

Legendary west coast avant-jazz alto sax giant, Sonny Simmons, recorded his first album with Prince Lasha in November of 1962 for Contemporary, moved NY and recorded with Eric Dolphy and Elvin Jones, then recorded two incredible records for ESP with his then wife and great trumpeter Barbara Donald.  He moved his family back to the west coast in the seventies and ended up on the streets homeless and nearly invisible.  Sonny made his comeback in 1994 and has since recorded some dozen plus releases for various labels, each one a gem of his invincible, burning spirit.  'Out into the Andromeda' is Sonny's first ever solo sax offering and it is another inspired treasure.  Three long tracks and over an hour in length, this is still a magnificent offering that shows Sonny's creative juice  continues to flow from this mountain/source.  On the first piece, Sonny's tone is as pure and strong as ever and he takes his time to build through the flow of ideas, cascading flurries, ascending and descending, occasionally holding onto one note and bending or stretching it, like a voice reaching for our hearts and souls.  The calm pace of this piece and the mature reflective tone show that Sonny isn't bound to that free-jazz baggage of only screaming and considering this is a solo sax effort, it is not hard to dig the inner flame and beauty within.  Each piece builds as Sonny's spirit spins and brings us closer to heavens.  This excellent gift from the gods was produced righteously by Brandon Evans and he has done a gracious job, the sound is just right.  Brandon just dropped off his final box of these limited cds, as his label goes into limbo.  This 2 CD version includes a second superb solo alto sax set live from San Francisco in '93 [its not labeled, so remember to mark it down!] and this will be your final opportunity to get it.

LIMITED EDITION [LESS THAN 20 COPIES]

2 CD version for $25.

Dear Sir,

I am a Nigerian prince who is desperately trying to move his Jazz collection out of the country. This priceless collection includes every Mosaic ever made (LP and CD versions where applicable), unopened original pressings of all Blue Note albums, and of course the rare Buddy Bolden cylinder in mint condition. I would like to transfer these to you, but I need your help...

Dear Sir,

I am a Nigerian prince who is desperately trying to move his Jazz collection out of the country. This priceless collection includes every Mosaic ever made (LP and CD versions where applicable), unopened original pressings of all Blue Note albums, and of course the rare Buddy Bolden cylinder in mint condition. I would like to transfer these to you, but I need your help...

Be glad to help you, sir! :g

Dear Sir,

:g:g:g:g