Pistons V Heat

Who's Gonna Win The East Conference  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Wade's status? Is he out/seriously disabled for game 6?

--eric

ESPN says he is questionable for game 6. I assume as long as the injury is minor and the pain isn't too bad, he'll play. But it's a lucky break for Detroit when they desperately need it.

Guy

Considering last night's game was about as poorly called as you could possibly do against Detroit, they deserve a lucky break.

I didn't watch all of game 4 or 5, but caught bits and pieces of both. One thing I did notice was that in game 4 Detroit was making all kinds of freak outside shots where the ball would bounce high above the rim before going in. I was thinking that if they had missed 5 or 6 of them, and the Heat had rebounded (the second being a strong assumption) then the game would have been completely different. Lo and behold, they didn't make those shots in game 5 (shooting percentage under 40% vs. 52% in game 4) and that was the difference. Game 6 should be intense. One thing that bodes well for the Heat is that the role players are playing with a lot more confidence. Also, Sheed looks like he is heading for a meltdown, rolling around on the court when the call doesn't go his way. The next set of refs may not be afraid to T him up.

3_24_04ron_jeremy.gif

LB will never measure up to SVG AKA RJ

Soouuuulstation1,

That is really cold to show a picture of RJ. Now tell me, would even you have wanted to experience the experiences of RJ??? Tell the truth.......

So what you are saying is that SVG is RJ and experienced those things.........

Did anybody else get this????

Man, I hate Detroit melting down like this. Sheed is in trouble, he also said "they" want a 7 gave series intimating that the League is behind the refs controlling that game from the start to induce a loss for the Pistons. The Pistons didn't need that help in this one, they stunk.

Bruce

Man, I hate Detroit melting down like this.  Sheed is in trouble, he also said "they" want a 7 gave series intimating that the League is behind the refs controlling that game from the start to induce a loss for the Pistons.  The Pistons didn't need that help in this one, they stunk.

I agree that the Pistons could have lost game 5 all by themselves. They did not need the refs' help, but the refs did step in to disrupt the Pistons' momentum at key points. (The Pistons-Pacers series seemed to have a lot more no-calls and consistency),

Actually, both teams would benefit from more consistent calls by the officials. But one knows that usually different individual players are going to get different calls for the same behavior; thet's a given, and players do get paid millions to play through such differential effects of the NBA star system.

Alonzo is pretty annoying.  I mean, I know he's excited and all, but after every shot blocked or rebound he acts like he just won the game.  :rolleyes:

The Pistons will win the next two.

dude, give 'zo a break! he's playing with a borrowed kidney after two long layoffs with a new team (not the same heat when he was with us before).

why are you pissed that he's excited when he makes a contribution?

They did not need the refs' help, but the refs did step in to disrupt the Pistons' momentum at key points. 

Game 4, the Refs seemed to against the Heat, so the match would be tied. Game 5, the calls went against the Pistons.

I'm expecting the calls to go against the HEAT in game 6.

Hopefully, the calls will be balanced in the 7th game. :lol:

dude, give 'zo a break! he's playing with a borrowed kidney after two long layoffs with a new team (not the same heat when he was with us before).

why are you pissed that he's excited when he makes a contribution?

If it wasn't so over-the-top I wouldn't have said anything. But last night, when he rebounded the ball, held it out to show off, and then had it stolen by a Piston -- how lame can you get!

Guy

All Laker excuses aside, in the end the Pistons were the best team in the NBA last year and won the title outright. They don't call 'em the defending champs for nothing.

26 points, this one is a laugher.

Edited by Noj

So what teams were better, Guy?

The Spurs? They choked against a hobbled Laker team and the miracle Derek Fisher pulled out of a perfect pass from the Glove.

The Kings? They've always got their "regular season champion" hats.

The TWolves? They were playing over their heads as evidenced by their horrendous play this year with virtually the same squad.

The Rockets? No.

The Mavs? No.

The Suns? No.

I knew as soon as Rasheed Wallace joined the Pistons that they were tops in the East, so all East teams are out. The Wallace/Wallace combo is the real deal.