Fantasy 20-bit K2 releases

Bol

Does anyone know what happened to the K2 re-issues that were promised for this summer? Not a trace of the announcement on the Fantasy website now. I hope Concord is not eliminating this fine line of re-issues.

These titles are still listed on Jazzmatazz for 'summer.'

Art Pepper - Winter Moon (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Miles Davis - Dig (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Coleman Hawkins - Soul (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

John Coltrane - Standard Coltrane (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Kenny Drew - Kenny Drew Trio (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Thelonious Monk - Thelonious Alone in San Francisco (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Cannonball Adderley Sextet - In New York (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Bill Evans Trio - At Shelly's Manne-Hole (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

Abbey Lincoln - Abbey Is Blue (Fantasy) Summer — 20-bit K2 remastered

FWIW, I called Concord the other day about a defective Monty Alexander CD and they graciously offered to send me a new one. The guy said it would be sent from Berkeley, since they're now using Fantasy's warehouse for Concord CD's. NOT a good sign. :(

FWIW, I called Concord the other day about a defective Monty Alexander CD and they graciously offered to send me a new one.  The guy said it would be sent from Berkeley, since they're now using Fantasy's warehouse for Concord CD's.  NOT a good sign. :(

That shouldn't mean that much. With economies of scale, they've consolidated warehousing. That makes economic sense.

FWIW, I called Concord the other day about a defective Monty Alexander CD and they graciously offered to send me a new one.  The guy said it would be sent from Berkeley, since they're now using Fantasy's warehouse for Concord CD's.  NOT a good sign. :(

That shouldn't mean that much. With economies of scale, they've consolidated warehousing. That makes economic sense.

Assuming that Fantasy previously had a lot of unused warehouse space, or that they augmented the space that was already there. Otherwise, the space for the Concord stock had to come at the price of Fantasy stock.

Brad, I'm thinking you should personally investigate this further and report back. :P

The new K2s were first announced on the Fantasy web site as part of batch that would include new OJCs, slated for April. Next, the release date was pushed to this summer, and then all references were removed from the web site and replaced with news of a new Sonny Rollins cd due out August 30.

So I suppose it could mean they might come out after August 30...

The new K2s were first announced on the Fantasy web site as part of batch that would include new OJCs, slated for April.  Next, the release date was pushed to this summer, and then all references were removed from the web site and replaced with news of a new Sonny Rollins cd due out August 30.

So I suppose it could mean they might come out after August 30...

. . . or it could mean that with all the Concord CD's now in the warehouse, there's no longer any room for new K-2's or OJC's. :blink::unsure::ph34r: