Hank Mobley Speech

Dan Gould

Hmmm.....strange... It says the high bid is $1.25 and that Big John P. made the bid..  :huh:  :wacko:

if you click on the bid history you get this message:

Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown.

could this mean that his bid will rise, up to a maximum of $33, as others people bid?

Reading the fine print, I see this:

On the B-Side of the 45 - A message from Hank Mobley - Michael Cuscana & others!

And others!

How many others?

Is it possible that Hank's "speech" consists of only a few sentences? Remember, by most accounts, he was pretty loaded that night. There were lots of people giving "speeches" that night, and this sounds like it might be a collection of soundbites. It is, after all, a 45.

I'd still love to have/hear it, but at what cost?

On the B-Side of the 45 - A message from Hank Mobley - Michael Cuscana & others!

And others!

How many others?

Is it possible that Hank's "speech" consists of only a few sentences? Remember, by most accounts, he was pretty loaded that night. There were lots of people giving "speeches" that night, and this sounds like it might be a collection of soundbites. It is, after all, a 45.

If you go to the bottom of the page, click on the lowest image-it shows the two sides of the 45. It looks like there is a total of four sound clips, with Ruth Lion listed at the top and Hank at the end. So if Cuscuna is one of the others, that leaves one "mystery" speaker.

You can read that fine print? Wow...

Ok, 4 bands on a 45, 7-8 minutes tops on a speech-only 45, Hank's loaded, how much do you think it's going to be of him?

Again, I'd love to hear it, but at what price?

I still say we need Aric to go jack this thing. :g

What if we did pool our resources, and all interested parties chipped in, say, $10? I have a suspicion this dude has a reserve of at least $100 . .. but what if we solicited donations, and tried to snap this up together, and shared and shared alike? I suspect most people have the music itself, but anyone who doesn't gets an expert transfer of the vinyl, and everybody gets an expert transfer of the 45, regardless.

First thing would be to determine the number of people actually willing to contribute, and determine whether they want to contribute a set amount, toward a single bid, or authorize a maximum bid, to be divided evenly based on the number of participants in the bidding group.

I'm gonna start a new thread to do just that.