FS: CDs of Interest

All CDs and inserts are M- unless otherwise specified. Whatever their condition, all CDs are guaranteed to play perfectly. Please PM me if you want track lists or other info.

NOTE: listed prices include shipping in the U.S.!!! Shipping to other countries at cost; please inquire.

Louis Armstrong, Volume 3: 1936-37 (Ambassador CLA 1903) still sealed. This is part of Ambassador's series of Armstrong's complete Decca recordings, 1935-1949. They include alternate takes and airshots; use the best obtainable sources; are carefully transferred; and use no digital processing of any kind. They sound wonderful! Ambassador is a Swedish collectors' label and these discs are very hard to find in the U.S. - $13

Bix Beiderbecke, Real Jazz Me Blues (SME SRCS 9607-8) 2 CDs; Japanese import; with obi - $24

Miles Davis Quintet, Relaxin' (VICJ-60125) XRCD - $19

Miles Davis Quintet, Relaxin' (Prestige PRSA-7129-6) SACD - $14

Paul Desmond, Desmond Blue (Bluebird 09026-63898-2; remastered) still sealed - $9

Duke Ellington, ...And His Mother Called Him Bill (Bluebird 09026-63744-2) still sealed - $9 SOLD

Bill Evans, Waltz For Debby (VICJ-60292) Japanese import; mini-LP sleeve - $13

George Lewis, Hot Creole Jazz - 1953 (DCC Jazz DJZ-612) remastered by Steve Hoffman; still sealed - $11

Red Norvo, Nuances By Norvo (Hep CD 1072). Mastered by John R.T. Davies. Studio performances 1938-1942, including some wonderful singing by Mildred Bailey - $11

Artie Shaw, & His Orchestra 1944-45 (Hep CD 70) 3 CDs; still sealed; mastered by John R.T. Davies. I bought this copy from Artie Shaw himself! - $26 SOLD

NOTE: Forum member Martyjazz says the following about this set: One set I cannot recommend highly enough ... is the the 3 disc box of Shaw's 1944-45 band (mostly RCA Victor, some Musicraft sides) which featured Roy Eldridge, Dodo Marmarosa, Barney Kessel, Herbie Steward, etc., with arrangements by Buster Harding, George Siravo, Eddie Sauter & Ray Conniff. Truly a terrific outfit with a very forward sound.

Edited by RZangpo2

Paul Desmond, Desmond Blue (Bluebird 09026-63898-2) still sealed - $9

um -- about the desmond:

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid...6830&pr=3049385

What's your point?

Get it cheaper from the link?

Maybe, but not if you're outside North America, they don't ship overseas.

Besides, I don't think it's fair to post links to cheaper copies or mention ways to obtain cheaper copies in a seller's thread, even if you've got something against them.

Edited by J.A.W.

um -- about the desmond:

What's your point?

Besides, I don't think it's fair to post links to cheaper copies or mention ways to obtain cheaper copies in a seller's thread, even if you've got something against them.

I just don't think it's too nice what Evan did. Buyers can figure that out and this person is telling you what he's got available.

um -- about the desmond:

What's your point?

I just don't think it's too nice what Evan did. Buyers can figure that out and this person is telling you what he's got available.

well brad, i thought about that. would dropping that link be considered meanspirited? i decided that if i were interested in buying a cd i would want to know that a REMASTER of the cd was available AND at a cheaper price.

if the seller was a regular, i would have dropped him a pm. since he has posted a handful of times since joining a year ago i have not gotten to know him (her?) and his lack of posting indicates a desire not to be known around here. so i nixed the idea of a pm.

if people think i was out of line i'll delete the post. :)

Yes, I think you were out of line, frustrating someone's sale is not very nice in my opinion - see my post above. I also think PM-ing someone if you've got a bone to pick with them is always better than going public, whether they're a regular poster or not.

Edited by J.A.W.

um -- about the desmond:

Thanks for the heads up. The version I'm selling is the remaster, BTW. I probably should have mentioned that. In any case, my price includes shipping, so it is competitive with those on Half.com, which don't.

As for my low post count, it doesn't denote a desire not to be known, as you say. I lurk here from time to time, but haven't had occasion to post very much. I'm more widely known over at the Steve Hoffman forum, where I've posted frequently on jazz-related and other topics under the same user name I use here. In any case, PMs are always welcome!

Edited by RZangpo2