Fourth of July Plans/Traditions?

So, what are y'all planning to do to celebrate American Independence?

I may actually be stuck working :angry: but one thing I always do-the New York Times reprints the Declaration of Independence on the back page of the A section and I always like to read old Tom's words. Thank you, Mr. Jefferson! :tup

For several years in a row in the late 90's, I've spent the last week of June/first week of July in the beautiful city of Montreal where they held their International Jazz Festival. Every Saturday evening in those warm summer months they would have a fireworks competition where various countries compete their pyrotechnics synchronized to music, so although I wasn't in the US for Independance Day, I still had the benefit of fireworks display. Plus the music and the atmosphere in Montreal was excellent!!

JK :)

I am taking some time off from work. I don't go back until next Tuesday, which will be nice. On Saturday morning I'm driving down to Iowa City for the jazz festival, and will be driving back on Sunday night. The rest of the time, I haven't a clue what I'll do with myself. My wife is in Utah visiting her family, and won't be back until next Wednesday. I don't know anyone outside of work and never go anywhere with anyone except my wife, so the next few days will be very, very quiet.

If things don't get movin' pretty soon, I'll be sittin' quietly at home with my wife, waiting for our baby to decide when he wants to make his entry into the world...if it happens that day, could mean "fireworks" in more ways than one!

Edited by DrJ