Lon's inspiration?

Ah, Jazzbeaux (or as he often pronounced- "Jazzbox" ("... in the purple grottox"). I miss the guy... used to watch him on UHF when he had "Jazzbo's Open House" on channel 26... at 5 a.m. :huh::eye::eye::blink: I also used to listen to him on KSFO (AM radio), KCSM (FM), and a couple of other stations. He didn't play good music all that often ^_^ but I dug his humor. As for Lon, haven't we been over this connection before? :)

Ah, Jazzbeaux (or as he often pronounced- "Jazzbox" ("... in the purple grottox").  I miss the guy... used to watch him on UHF when he had "Jazzbo's Open House" on channel 26... at 5 a.m.  :huh:  :eye:  :eye:  :blink:  I also used to listen to him on KSFO (AM radio), KCSM (FM), and a couple of other stations.  He didn't play good music all that often ^_^  but I dug his humor.  As for Lon, haven't we been over this connection before?      :)

maybe before my time? :blush:

i did a site search before posting though.

maybe before my time? :blush:

Or, maybe not. :) I guess Lon wasn't "Jazzbo" before this board... unless he used it at the Verve or Harlem or ? boards... Anyway, Collins switched from "Jazzbo" to "Jazzbeaux" around 1969, so Lon seems to be in the clear. Was anybody "Jazzbo" from 1969 to 2003? :unsure: I don't really care, I'm just making conversation. :g

Yes, I spent last Sunday through last night at the Halukelani in Waikiki. . . it was heaven on earth!

I actually used the cover image of the Bethlehem "The View from Jazzbo's Head" as an avatar last year for a while but. . . my inspiration for the handle was a tin toy my great uncle had when I was a kid called "Jazzbo Jim." He was a minstrel-banjoist. As my grandfather played banjo, this toy meant something to me. . . . And it makes a good handle. . . . (Would be even better if I were a "James"!)

b243jazzbo.jpg