If you were to visit ONE vinyl joint in Boston

Dmitry

I'm going to a smoking cessation session in Brookline this Saturday afternoon [yes, I hope it'll work :rfr ] and will have a couple of hours to kill. What's THE vinyl joint not to be missed? I was thinking the Looney Tunes near Berkelee College; any other opinions?

scllung.jpg

God help me.

SJs would be the place but your going to have a much easier time getting to Looney Tunes. As you used to NYC vinyls I presume they might have some surprises.

Getting up to Harvard Square from Brookline on a Saturday is not going to be pleasurable. Going to Newbury Street and "people watching" after your vinyl splurge around the corner might be more relaxing. (and despite that whole big-dig thing i find boston to be less and less pleasurable for getting around if you need to in a hurry)

Stereo Jack's is a great place. Highly recommended. One place would have to be there. Cheapo's Records has a decent amount of vinyl and the Looney Tunes in Cambridge too. I never had much luck for vinyl at the Boston Looney store.

You may also want to consider stopping at Intergrity 'N Music in Wethersfield, CT (it's just off I-91... really close) on your way up from the city. Well worth the visit for inexpensive Jazz vinyl.

BTW, if that picture of that diseased lung doesn't get you to quit, what the heck are these people in Boston going to do? :)

Kevin

I also highly recommend Stereo Jacks -- it will be my first stop whenever I make it back to Boston. Great selection, great staff, and very fair pricing.

Good luck at the smoking cessation clinic.

Hey, if you quit smoking you'll have more money for LPs -- not to mention the health benefits.

Alejandro

• 2 weeks later...