CD packaging damage

Aggie87

I don't like damaged cd booklets. In fact, a soda accidentally leaked out on my copy of Reuben Wilson's "Love Bug" while in a bag, and damaged the back cover insert. It annoys me every time I see it.

But is this guy going too far? This is from the SH forum...

WTB: Styx - Cornerstone CD (W. Germany)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had to revise this... At first I was looking for the original U.S. pressing, but have since found a mint condition W. German pressing... BUT... the booklet has a jewel case tab indention, and I cannot have that.

So, I'm looking for the West German version made by Polygram with a MINT condition booklet. I do not care about the disc, etc... just the booklet.

I'm willing to pay $17.00 for a MINT condition booklet. This booklet will have the catalog number (393 239-2) on the front and inside will say MADE IN WEST GERMANY.

If you have this and are willing to part with it, I will be happy to buy it. I'll even do you one better... You can keep the CD and I'll send you my booklet which has a tab indention... most people don't care, but I'm a fanatic!

So, just to exchange booklets I'll send you $17.00 cash or paypal.

Please take a look and let me know.

Thanks!

I think this guy falls into the "get a life" category.

I once had an inquiry from a prospective buyer who was willing to give me a big order if I could assure him that the jewel cases had a specific type of tab holding the booklet. Needless to say, I didn't persue it. Maybe it was this guy! :crazy:

In the guy's "defense" (how do you defend insanity?), he does say that he knows it's crazy but that's the way he is. At least he recognizes he has a problem. He's made quite a few of these anal-retentive requests lately. He says he's trying to fill some early pressing holes. BTW, he is not alone on the SH forum with this desire for first pressings. First pressings are very much in demand over there. He's preaching to the choir.

This guy reminds me of the time I had a rare CD up for sale on eBay. I got an inquiry from someone asking me if the jewel case had "ribs" or bumps holding the booklet in place. He said he wouldn't buy it if it had "bumps" because the bumps always put little indentations in the booklet. I told him that this case had "ribs".

I was sooooo glad that guy didn't bid on that CD! :)

Kevin

I can happily feel superior to this nutcase, as I'm nowhere near that anal.

However, I feel for Aggie87. Water (or other liquid) damage really bums me out. I have a few CDs that were damaged by a rainstorm in the same way--and it bugs me a little every time I pull them out. It's even worse with books: even minor water damage makes me want to discard them as ruined.