Strata-East, the rest?

felser

It's quite interesting, definitely original. The CD liner notes also say the the Composers Workshop Ensemble is the backup band on a Melvin Van Peebles record on A&M.

luca

Do they say which one? I've got an A&M 45 called "Lilly Done The Zampoughi Everytime I Pulled Her Coat Tail" off the album Brer Soul that's got some pretty good playing going on in the background.

Poking around some more, Amazon shows Clifford Jordan - In The World due to be reissued on a Japanese label called Pony Canyon on 10/26. Does anyone have any ifno? Also , can anyone tell me about the Charles Tolliver release on ENJA that has been mentioned on the board? I can't find it anywhere. Is/was it a reissue of an older album from Polydor or Strata-East days, or is it something different altogether? Thx.

Also , can anyone tell me about the Charles Tolliver release on ENJA that has been mentioned on the board? I can't find it anywhere. Is/was it a reissue of an older album from Polydor or Strata-East days, or is it something different altogether? Thx.

It came out on ENJA in the first place. I have the LP, bought just then :)

Great date, one of Tolliver's best, imho.

luca

The Enja release, I believe, is a live date. There's a link on the board here about it.

The Jordan Strata East session is indeed being reissued. Details are in a Japanese reissue thread on the board. If I recall correctly, it's going to be a jewel case reissue, and is over 2400¥. It can be pre-ordered through Hiroshi Tanno!